FREEZE FRAME: A MUSICAL AFFAIR's Il Divo Meet the Press Ahead of Broadway Debut!
Il Divo, the record-breaking classical crossover group who has sold more than 26 million albums worldwide, met with the press today at Sardi's ahead of their limited run of live Broadway performances at The Marquis Theater with special guest, Heather Headley, beginning November 7, 2013. The band is set to release their 6th studio album A Musical Affair, on Syco/Columbia Records on November 5th. Check out photos from the press conference below!
Tickets including VIP Meet & Greet packages will be available for pre-sale on Monday, September 9 via ILDIVO.com and Broadway Direct. American Express cardmembers can purchase advance tickets beginning Monday, September 9 at 10AM EDT through Sunday, September 15 at 10PM EDT. For general on-sale, tickets will be available starting Monday, September 16 th via Ticketmaster.com and at the Marquis Box Office on October 28.
A Musical Affair is Il Divo's first compilation of songs inspired by Broadway shows such as Phantom of the Opera, Carousel and West Side Story and features stellar duet partners Barbra Streisand, Kristin Chenoweth, Nicole Scherzinger, Heather Headley and Michael Ball. The album showcases Il Divo's signature romantic and emotional interpretation of heartfelt classics like "Some Enchanted Evening" (South Pacific), "Bring Him Home," (Les Miserables), "Tonight," (West Side Story), and more. Il Divo has also provided new arrangements for these much-loved songs, as well as invited familiar Broadway and pop artists to appear on certain tracks as their duet partners. These top musicians lend their talent in songs like "Music of the Night" (Phantom of the Opera) LIVE duet with Barbra Streisand; "All I Ask Of You" (Phantom Of The Opera) duet with Kristin Chenoweth; "Memory" (Cats) duet with Nicole Scherzinger; and "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" (The Lion King) duet with Heather Headley.
On November 7th, Il Divo kicks off a limited engagement of live concerts at New York's Marquis Theater, marking the first time the four members will sing together on the Broadway stage. "Il Divo - A Musical Affair: The Greatest Songs of Broadway Live," will intertwine the most famous songs from Broadway musicals with the individual theatrical experiences of Carlos, David, Urs and Sebastien. In addition, Tony and Grammy Award Winner Heather Headley will be a featured guest for the entire run. "I'm looking forward to working with Il Divo," says Headley. "I'm excited to be back in New York, on Broadway, and singing some of the best of Broadway." In addition to the November 7 debut, Il Divo's Marquis show dates include November 8, 9, 11, 12, and 13. The quartet members are no strangers to musical theatre; Carlos was cast as Marius in Les Miserables when the show first premiered in Spain in 1993, while David played Rodolfo in Broadway's La Boheme in 2003, which subsequently garnered seven Tony nominations.
- FREEZE FRAME: KINKY BOOTS' Billy Porter, Stark Sands, Annaleigh Ashford & Jerry Mitchell Unveil Sardi's Portraits!
- Photo Coverage: Sierra Boggess, Norm Lewis, Zachary Levi & More Tribute Alan Menken at Oscar Hammerstein Awards!
- Photo Coverage: On the Red Carpet at the 2013 Oscar Hammerstein Awards
- Photo Coverage: At the Stage Door for IF/THEN's Final Shows in D.C.
- Photo Coverage: David Henry Hwang, Lynn Nottage & More Launch Cherry Lane Theatre's MENTOR PROJECT 2014
- Photo Flash: Remembering Christopher Evan Welch
- Up on the Marquee: ALADDIN
- Photo Coverage: Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Aids Foundation Celebrates 25th Anniversary
- Photo Coverage: BRONX BOMBERS Cast Films TV Commercial
- Photo Coverage: Debra Messing, Brian F. O'Byrne and Cast of MTC's OUTSIDE MULLINGAR Meet the Press!