Debbra Liverman, Matthew Davis and Michael Rendino Set for Village Playwrights, Now thru Feb 2014
Village Playwrights has announced news about its upcoming events in January and February 2014. Details below! Visit http://villageplaywrights.googlepages.com for more information.
News about up-coming events:
JAN 22 -- Debbra Liverman -- Another episode in "Mother Love" -- Dennis Rager -- 1 hour -- "Take Down" a closeted, Gay High School Wrestling Coach has trouble keeping his secret
FEB 12-- Matthew Davis -- 2 hours -- "Better", about the affects of child abuse on two couples, one lower class man and woman married, and two men, one sexually anorexic and one a sex addict, and how the child abuse spreads out to all four people and their relationships.
FEB 26 -- Michael Rendino -- 1 hour -- "Crossing"- a mother shocks her son while crossing Queens Boulevard.
- Join long time Village Playwright Barbara Kahn as she celebrates her 20th anniversary at the Theater for a New City with "Island Girls"-- about the women's penitentiary on Welfare Island in 1927. Happy anniversary, Barbara! For information, visit www.theaterforthenewcity.net.
- For information on submitting to the Samuel French Off Off Broadway Play Festival visit oob.samuelfrench.com.
- Submission for Caicedo Productions Corp's annual "The ONE Festival" are currently being accepted until February 1, 2014. Submission guidelines for The ONE Festival 2014 can be found on The ONE Festival website: www.theonefestival.com.
- Sun Dog Theatre seeks short one-act plays the Staten Island Ferries. Plays should be about life on the ferry, with alternate endings where audiences will choose how the voyage concludes. Submit hard copy only. Six authors will receive $100 each and be produced in March 2014. Questions: email@example.com - Susan Fenley, Producer.
- Submissions from Queens playwrights (only) are now being accepted for the Third Piney Fork Press Theater One Act Play Festival, to take place in the summer of 2014 in Queens, New York. Seeking 10 minute plays (no more than 10 pp), preferably with no more than 5 characters. Also seeking monologues (no more than 4pp). Basic set requirements. One submission per playwright. No profanity, as this is a family friendly festival! No submission fee! Please include name, address, telephone number and email address. Seeking actors and directors, too! Deadline: April 1st, 2014. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Snail mail: Piney Fork Press Theater Festival, 22-73 43rd Street - JC, Astoria, NY 11105
- The Puerto Rican Traveling Theatre Profesional Playwrights Unit seeks new members. The Professional Unit invites committed playwrights from all minorities and others interested in Latino culture to submit their work. Candidates need to have written one or more plays and have a full-length, producible play ready to submit. If you wish to be considered for the Professional Playwrights Unit, please contact Mario Golden by email with your submission attached and your contact information at email@example.com. For more information, visit our Playwrights Unit page at www.prtt.org or call 212-354-1293.
The Village Playwrights meet on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of every month from 8-10pm at the LGBT Center, at 208 West 13 Street. Suggested contribution for the use of the room: $3.00. If you have any questions or if you would like to reserve time for a reading, call George Bistransin at 614-285-2515.