Page: 1

And A Nice Vote Of Confidence For The U.K From Sir ALW!

songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
lol its his face whats gonna scare them

We wont win because everyone hates he UK lol
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
WestEnd2
Stand-by
Stand-by
When ALW and Jade were on with Jonathan Ross a few weeks back ALW kept going on about how we wouldn't win. I felt hugely sorry for Jade sat there next to him with ALW basically saying that he has no hope of her actually winning.

Way to throw your support behind your work and the terrified, shy girl who has to stand up there and sing this not very good song (are there any other words other than 'its my time, my time, my time, my moment, my time, my time?) and who will forever be remembered as 'that girl who is a bit like Leona and Alex but who came nowhere in Eurovision' Andrew. You at least should try to get behind her.

Edited to say: That said, and all of my negativity towards Eurovision aside, as always - Eurovision party at my house tonight. Hosted by my parents, but don't let that put you off re: And A Nice Vote Of Confidence For The U.K From Sir ALW!

Updated On: 5/16/09 at 11:52 AM
Musical-Matt Profile PhotoMusical-Matt Profile Photo
Musical-Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Well Done the lord has realised we will get about 10 points ! but good to see hes confident ! lol
No Doubt Our Paths Will Cross Again ! Matt
CONAries Profile PhotoCONAries Profile Photo
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Well, we came 5th, which i think is bloody good, considering 3 years ago we finished with 0 points! So hurrah, and I am chuffed for the UNITED KINGDOM!
Updated On: 5/17/09 at 06:09 PM
toanythingtaboo 2 Profile Phototoanythingtaboo 2 Profile Photo
toanythingtaboo 2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
*ahhem* UNITED KINGDOM.

Don't go all American on us and group everyone as 'England' :P

Thank goodness we finally got a look see beyond bloody political crap. I couldn't help but feel pride when we were 2nd for a good while, then we started slipping (granted not very far) but to be fair...I think the UK has faith restored and we might take it more seriously now.

...and for f**k sake...WHAT was Norway all about? Did Europe just vote for the guy cus he was cute? Jeez...
toanythingtaboo 2 Profile Phototoanythingtaboo 2 Profile Photo
toanythingtaboo 2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Slash, just remembered Jade getting elbowed by the Violinist coming down the stairs haha
legallysam Profile Photolegallysam Profile Photo
legallysam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i saw that as well taboo! :)

didn't put her off though, she was a standout performance in that competition, Norway was just strange!!
"Rock Of Ages is about as original as gay men at a clap clinic" - SANDM2
Musical-Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
it was not strange i enjoyed it !
boyfromoz2 Profile Photoboyfromoz2 Profile Photo
boyfromoz2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Norway guy looked like he was having nerve spasms in his neck. How on earth did he win - the song sounded like a f***ing nursery rhyme!
Musical-Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
awww i liked it !
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It was an ok song, just abit boring and plain. I think he only won cause he's cute!
jamiekennywicked Profile Photojamiekennywicked Profile Photo
jamiekennywicked
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
What hppened with the violinist and jade

excuse spelling
''With the number of people I ignore, I'm lucky I work at all in this town'' - Helena Bonham Carter
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
When she was walking down the stairs, one of them was about 2 CM from elbowing her in the face when they were playing! Made me laugh my so hard!
alterego Profile Photoalterego Profile Photo
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Norway clearly had the best song/performance and deserved to win. It was a charming performance. Remember it is a "pop" song competition, think ABBA and Bucks Fizz.The winning song fits into the old mold of the competition.
ladybegood
Stand-by
Stand-by
That Norwegian song wasn't very good, but it had a good hook! The best thing about it was actually the violins. His voice wasn't up to much, very thin. But all power to him for having written it himself.

What I thought was funny was Graham Norton saying that he had liked it the first few times he heard it, but that after a few more he passed to just wanting to slap him!

Jade either demonstrated more nerves in her voice or was actually strained though. Could have been better, especially when I didn't like her interpretatuon of the song too much in the first place. And I actually did like the song. Not ALW's best but it grows on you. And it would have been better differently interpreted. But given the runaway win for Norway, however it was done wouldn't have made any difference to the result. It was nice to be able to watch the show again without cringing at the awfulness of our entry though. At the very least, it should change some of the perception that the problem is all in the voting and that we should do acceptably well however atrocious our entry.
Beergoggles
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I would have voted for him for his cuteness lol
Jesus Loves You... Everybody else thinks you're an idiot!
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: And A Nice Vote Of Confidence For The U.K From Sir ALW!

Gets my vote!
WestEnd2
Stand-by
Stand-by
You people are all so shallow :p I hated Norway's song, I actually even left the room when it was on, I thought it was that bad (it wasn't the only one I left the room for, but imagine my shock when it started to win).

However, the most important question is: Why did we, the UK, give 12 points to Turkey? Was it just straight men voting for the scantily dressed bellydancing woman?

I quite liked Iceland's song, or possibly perhaps I just liked the girl singing it. Reminded me of Amy Adams and had the whole 'fairytale princess' thing going on with that dress.

Well done to Jade and ALW though, for not getting us nil, and giving us a little bit of respect back. And it was nice to see a lot less block voting.
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I didn't say i liked the song.
I put industrial ear plugs in and just watched!!!!!!!!
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I liked the song and the singer, not necessarily in that order.
Mazz0626
Understudy
Understudy
He does look quite disconcertingly like last year's winner.
Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
As soon as I saw Norway's performance, I assumed it would win. Catchy, memorable and unique song coupled with a cleverly staged performance. I loved it and have watched/listened to it several times since. The UK song was just so dull. I ranked it alongside Learn to Be Lonely, You Must Love Me and If This is What We're Fighting For as Webber's most forgettable ballads.
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
So now what happens? Is the song released as a single, is there a commercila push for the song/singer? Something must happen after all the ballyhoo.