Page: 1

Rooms - a new Off Broadway musical

bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Rooms - a new Off Broadway musical#1
Posted: 4/25/09 at 12:17pm
I've just discovered what looks like a great new musical, currently playing at New World Stages in New York - "Rooms". It's set in Glasgow in the 70s and the composer is originally from Glasgow. The fabulous Leslie Kritzer is one of the two person cast. The clips of songs on the show's website sound fantastic. So I think I've now found my extra show to book for my New York trip! (Sorry - but any thoughts of 9 to 5 have now gone out the window. This score sounds much more up my musical and lyrical street!)
http://www.roomsmusical.com/
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
luke-h*** Profile Photoluke-h*** Profile Photo
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rooms - a new Off Broadway musical#2
Posted: 4/25/09 at 12:22pm
I thought this looked great :)
Anybody know if there's a cast recording?
THEATRE 2016: Grey Gardens; SwkPlayhouse, Cats; London Palladium, Into the Woods; Royal Exchange, Show Boat; Sheffield Crucible, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Prsicilla Queen of the Desert; UK Tour, Narrative; RWCMD, Mojo; RWCMD, The Barber of Seville; WNO, Rabbit Hole; Hampstead, The Marriage of Figaro; WNO, Figaro Gets a Divorce; WNO, Tom: The Musical; UK Tour Upcoming: Anything Can Happen; RWCMD, Cysgy'n Brys'ur, Long Day's Journey Into Night; Bristol Old Vic, Only the Brave, The Caretaker; The Old Vic, People Places and Things, Blue/Orange; Young Vic, Bernadette Peters, Carole King, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rooms - a new Off Broadway musical#2
Posted: 4/25/09 at 6:17pm
There does not appear to be a cast recording - not sure if one is planned. I'd certainly love to get hold of one - the sound clips and videos of songs on the website sound great.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rooms - a new Off Broadway musical#3
Posted: 4/25/09 at 7:48pm
Let me know if I should make 'room' for this when I go over?
viola13
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Rooms - a new Off Broadway musical#4
Posted: 4/25/09 at 10:40pm
Stopping by to say that Rooms is a great addition to the off-Broadway scene, and should be definitely be seen. I love the score and the actors are wonderful. The book's a little predictable, but really, the show is totally worth the money for the performances alone. And the first two rows are $20, so there really isn't a reason to not see it.
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rooms - a new Off Broadway musical#5
Posted: 4/26/09 at 6:11am
Thanks for the recommendation, viola - especially the info about the front 2 rows being just $20! I would actually pay extra for the front row! So to have a front row seat for just 20 bucks is fantastic. I have now booked an aisle seat in the front row - and I'm really excited about seeing this!
Updated On: 4/26/09 at 06:11 AM
madlibrarian
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Rooms - a new Off Broadway musical#6
Posted: 4/28/09 at 8:40pm
A cast album is to be recorded in May.