Page: 1

Sister Act: Any else excited

jamiekennywicked Profile Photojamiekennywicked Profile Photo
jamiekennywicked
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sister Act: Any else excited#1
Posted: 3/28/09 at 9:02am
Sister act the musical is starting previews May 7th 2009.
Anyone got any news on the show like songs etc?
Also where can i buy cheap tickets for the show
''With the number of people I ignore, I'm lucky I work at all in this town'' - Helena Bonham Carter
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Sister Act: Any else excited#2
Posted: 3/28/09 at 10:50am
re: Sister Act: Any else excited

Provincial audiences have been flocking to this concert tour since early last year and way before the musical was conformed for the West End.
Most of the general public will go to the Palladium expecting the numbers that are only provided in the concert presentation. The concert seems to be a semi staged version of the movie already.
There's a big difference in paying 30 or less for something your familiar with and over 60 for something new.
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Sister Act: Any else excited#2
Posted: 3/28/09 at 10:58am
Im looking forward to it, but going to wait until my birthday in October to see it with my family.

I saw songs of sister act when it was on last year. Had a good night :).
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Sister Act: Any else excited#3
Posted: 3/29/09 at 8:09am
"There's a big difference in paying 30 or less for something your familiar with and over 60 for something new."

Good point. But I would personally always prefer to see something new in any circumstance. And definitely on this occasion as I did not like the film and would not go to see the concert version of that whatever the price lol. But I have already booked, and am eagerly anticipating the new show at the Palladium. (A new show that actually has a new and original score! What a novelty!)
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Sister Act: Any else excited#4
Posted: 3/29/09 at 8:20am
But the thing is you don't HAVE to pay 60 a ticket for the new Sister Act musical.

The Upper circle seats are quite affordable, some good ones avaliable for only 17.50. And the best ones only 30 in the previews, going to 37.50 for normal performances.

When I saw songs of sister act, im pretty sure it was aroun 20 for all seats, and this is for just a concert, not a full scale west end musical.

fairygodmother Profile Photofairygodmother Profile Photo
fairygodmother
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Sister Act: Any else excited#5
Posted: 3/29/09 at 9:28am
I don't really see why this Songs of Sister Act link keeps coming up - its absolutely nothing to do with the Palladium show, and nowhere near the calibre. I do hope that its made really clear in all the upcoming promo stuff that's it all new material, so that no-one can be 'disappointed'. I also hope that the new stuff will blow any doubts away!
uncageg Profile Photouncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Sister Act: Any else excited#6
Posted: 3/31/09 at 12:19pm
Whoopie must be coming over for the show. I am watching "The View" and she is saying she is leaving for London in a few days. She is not a good flier. She takes a bus everywhere so Virgin airlines is going to try to help her get over her fear of flying for her flight to London.
Just give the world Love.
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Sister Act: Any else excited#7
Posted: 3/31/09 at 12:27pm
Its well into production now so i guess she will want to be here for its final weeks.

uncageg
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Sister Act: Any else excited#8
Posted: 3/31/09 at 12:37pm
Do you mean the final weeks of rehearsals? The website shows performances starting in May.
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Sister Act: Any else excited#9
Posted: 3/31/09 at 12:47pm
Yea, she'll be here to do all the publicity stunts during previews etc.
First preview is only 5 weeks away.
uncageg
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Sister Act: Any else excited#10
Posted: 3/31/09 at 12:53pm
Can't wait to hear about it.
jamiekennywicked Profile Photojamiekennywicked Profile Photo
jamiekennywicked
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Sister Act: Any else excited#11
Posted: 3/31/09 at 1:07pm
Hey everyone go onto the sister act myspace to her two songs take me to heaven and raise your voice.
I keep getting chills when i listen to take me to heaven
''With the number of people I ignore, I'm lucky I work at all in this town'' - Helena Bonham Carter