Page: 1

Sondheim's "Saturday Night" gets West End transfer

camp_actor
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Sondheim's

Following a sold-out run at the Jermyn Street Theatre, the 5 star Time Out Critics' Choice production of 'Saturday Night' by Stephen Sondheim transfers to the West End's Arts Theatre for 19 PERFORMANCES ONLY until 11 April 2009!

TICKETS GO ON SALE MARCH 16th!

Early Bird Offer: Top Price Tickets just £15 if you book by 25 March for any performance before 11 April.

***** - 5 stars
Time Out Critic's Choice - Show of the Week
" Fired by fine central performances ... and a strong supporting cast, Littler’s production runs like an all-singing, all-dancing train."

"Stunning" The Guardian

"Excellent" Sunday Express

"Outstanding ... worth seeing twice" Norman Lebrecht, Bloomberg

starring
HELENA BLACKMAN and DAVID RICARDO-PEARCE

with

DAVID BOTHAM
CHARLIE CAMERON
LLOYD GORMAN
JOANNA HICKMAN
JOANNA HOLLISTER
KEVIN MILLINGTON
DAVID OSMOND
NICK TRUMBLE
HARRY WALLER

bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
That's great news! It's a fab production.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
Scripps2 Profile PhotoScripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm ecstatic - this has cheered me up no end.

When I came to book for this it was already fully booked and I thought I'd have to wait another fifteen years for the next production.

But now I'll have another chance to see it NOW. re: Sondheim's 'Saturday Night' gets West End transfer
The Glorious Ones
Understudy
Understudy
And just when I thought I'd get a chance to see Saturday Night... but alas I'm visiting the week after. Perhaps a company here will do this one someday!

"Artists are always on the vanguard of change: they give the community a vision."
"Desire comes from the Latin "de sire", or "of the father", or "of the stars". We want what is magical, what is out there, what is of the stars. And so our characters should as well."
"If there are people who don't believe in you, don't hang out with them. Wish them well, wish them peace, and move on."

hotjohn Profile Photohotjohn Profile Photo
hotjohn
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Anyone booking for Jermyn Street beware.

Just got back from "Saturday Night" and while I loved the show I absolutely hate the Jermyn Street Theatre.

I assumed that because I wasn't given a choice of seats when I booked and because no seat numbers were on the tickets there would be unassigned seating but when I arrived at the theatre I was asked for my name and told that I was in the back row - what's that all about?

The back row (row E) is so badly situated, barely a couple of inches higher than row D, that even if a short person sits in front of you you're screwed. Because there were two empty seats in row E I spent the entire show sitting on the arm rest which meant that, stretching up to peer over the heads in front, I managed to see some if not all of the players, above their waists at least!

Next time I'll insist on being assigned seats when I book.
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Its a God awful place.
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I love the intimate atmosphere of the Jermyn Street space.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I agree with you totally but isn't the best of performance spaces you must admit.
I have seen many great productions there but it is so badly designed.
JIJane
Stand-by
Stand-by
Where can you book for the early bird offer??
exedore
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This wasn't really my cup of tea, but I'm thrilled for everyone involved and the show's fans. Enjoy your run - it's going to be a better show for the Arts than Toyer was!
Gaudio
Swing
Swing

Tickets: £25/£20 (concessions £20 Tuesday to Thursday and Saturday matinee for under 16s, students, over 60s and unemployed); ‘Early bird’ offer: £15 for top price seats if booked by March 25 for any performance until April 11.

For the 'Early Bird' offer, you presumably need to ring the theatre or go to the Box Office.

Arts Theatre

Great Newport Street
London, WC2H 7JB
Tube: Leicester Square
Box Office: 0207 836 8547
Hotels near Theatre!!

Capacity : approx 350
Seating Plan

What's Playing!

Gaudio
Swing
Swing
The Early Bird offer is available from seetickets by telephone (not on-line as far as I can see)today and tomorrow. I pointed out that the STAGE and indieLONDON websites say it is available until the 25th, but seetickets have the 24th as the cut-off date on their system. There is clearly a case for arguing this point, however! The number is 0845 017 5584.
Gaudio
Swing
Swing
There is now a rehearsal video at :-

http://www.totallytheatre.com/buy_tickets/saturday_night

The show moves on to the Theatre Royal Windsor from 15 to 18 April.
gjk
Swing
Swing
if you want to be kept up to date with the latest videos and offers on that site go here http://www.totallytheatre.com/newsletter

Page: 1