Priscilla Cast Performing on BBC1 'Let's Dance' TONIGHT

benny123 Profile Photobenny123 Profile Photo
benny123
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I just nearly died of excitment when I found out!!
And so did CONAries when I told him hahaha!!

Updated On: 2/28/09 at 02:35 PM
CONAries Profile PhotoCONAries Profile Photo
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm now trying to persuade my mum im not a freak after running into the lounge screaming like a girl!
benny123
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Exciting exciting stuff.. the question is.. will the the star the there??
THE BUS!!
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Look, i know Jason Donavon has put on ABIT of weight in recent times, but come on, he aint a spring chick anymore, it isnt really fair to call him a bus!
benny123
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
legallysam Profile Photolegallysam Profile Photo
legallysam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
this is fecking AWESOME!! i have no idea whats actually going on in front of me...but im enjoying it none the less! The Divas are singing the **** out of this song, it's so great!
"Rock Of Ages is about as original as gay men at a clap clinic" - SANDM2
boyfromoz2 Profile Photoboyfromoz2 Profile Photo
boyfromoz2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
OMG. I missed the performance re: Priscilla Cast Performing on BBC1 'Let's Dance' TONIGHT Just finished my shift at work and read this thread. Will it be on BBC iPlayer? What did they sing? Was Jason Donovan any good? Did it totally rock?
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It will be on Iplayer, I will survive, Jason Donavon and the WHOLE cast were AMAZING! and they totally rocked!
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It will be on Iplayer, I will survive, Jason Donavon and the WHOLE cast were AMAZING! and they totally rocked!
boyfromoz2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
With or without gumbies? How about Tony Sheldon? Were the Divas totally sassy and fierce?
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
In all honesty i have no idea what Gumbies means! Tony made a brief apperance but seems good! And the Divas were INCREDIBLE!
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This did not make viewers want to rush out and buy a ticket, as what I witnessed on TV was bland, rush out people should, when on stage it will be a blast unlike the TV!!!!
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
That suprises me as it made me really want to go buy a ticket, but it was slow starting!
boyfromoz2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Gumbies are those things the ensemble/bernadette/mitzi/felecia wear in I Will Survive - the big round things on their feet.

Who's been cast as the Divas? There is no casting info on the official website except for the main characters.
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh yes they did wear them! And I have NO idea, I didn't recognise any cast (I even had trouble recognizing Jason Donavon!)
boyfromoz2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The gumbies are my fav costumes in the show, along with the Opera House dresses at the end (wait and see in the show, they're amazing). So glad some of you liked it :)

Did they have an Aboriginal guy come out and bust a move half way through? Or was there no plot/context to the performance?
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yea he did appear.... What the hell is that about?
legallysam Profile Photolegallysam Profile Photo
legallysam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The aboriginal guy made an appearance....
as did the mechanic, who came out with tires on his feet :)
"Rock Of Ages is about as original as gay men at a clap clinic" - SANDM2
boyfromoz2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Have you seen the movie?

Pretty much, its the finale of Act 1 and the bus breaks down in the middle of nowhere. They decide to just wait till someone comes past to rescue them, and in the meantime they rehearse for their show in Alice Springs (the whole reason for their journey). As they're rehearsing an Aboriginal guy who just happens to be walking past finds them and joins in.

Does that make sense?
RaspberrySparkles Profile PhotoRaspberrySparkles Profile Photo
RaspberrySparkles
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
It made absolutely no sense on the TV, but once you've explained it it does! I didn't think it was at all mindblowing or "OHMYGODISOHAVETOBUYTICKETSFORTHISNOW" *hyperventilates*, but a lot of musicals don't come across very well on TV.
I still want to see this though!
boyfromoz2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Just saw it on "that site": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcY-oPhnlrQ

A few points:
1. I never thought I'd say this but they've found a Felecia who is more beautiful that Daniel Scott. Oliver Thornton's "Venus" (the characters first number) is going to blow the roof off the Palace.
2. Clive Carter needs to work on his accent.
3. They've made the Aboriginal character (who only appears in that scene btw) more recognisably Aboriginal. In the original show he wore a Swans (Sydney's main AFL team) uniform with some Aboriginal prints over it. It makes sense to take out that reference cause it would fly over the head of most of the London crowd.
4. They've changed the Divas wigs. In the Aussie production they were much slicker.

Here's the number performed on a similar program on Aussie TV, with the original cast: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Htug-MdRLIw

Overall, I think if this number is anything to go by, we're in a for a big treat come March 10 :)
Updated On: 2/28/09 at 06:44 PM
wildcat Profile Photowildcat Profile Photo
wildcat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Divas are Zoe Birkett, Kate Gillespie and Emma Lindars. Jimmy the Aboriginal is Tristan Temple.
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Why are you guys so hostile towards a show that has just a few minutes on TV to try and get some publicity and sell itself??. Just relax and give it a chance.
In 3 months time and it closes cos of whatever (god forbid- cos this is better than half the crap the UK produces as jukebox musicals!!!!) then you'll all be back on here complaining that another West End show has gone!
toanythingtaboo 2 Profile Phototoanythingtaboo 2 Profile Photo
toanythingtaboo 2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I knew I recognized one of the divas!

Zoe Birkett! She was in some Pop Idol type show, and my cousin was in one of her (probably the only) videos. She was pretty awesome!

We were watching the show because of Keith Lemon (my flat adores him haha) and then the Priscilla lot came on...being a bunch of straight guys, I have a feeling they had no idea what just hit them!
alterego Profile Photoalterego Profile Photo
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
the "gumbies" are called so because of their resemblence to the legs of Gumby the 1960's stop-animation childrens program. I think it was called Gumby and Pokie (his horse).