Cheap-er tickets to Billy Elliott

megs1122 Profile Photomegs1122 Profile Photo
megs1122
Stand-by
Stand-by
Cheap-er tickets to Billy Elliott#1
Posted: 2/14/09 at 6:34am
Hey all,
Just wondering if there are any cheaper tickets available for Billy Elliott, like restricted view or any sort of student or rush deal.

Thanks,
-megs
Shows seen in 2011: Rock of Ages (WE, Shaftesbury Theatre - 7 Oct), Jersey Boys (WE, Prince Edward Theatre - 1 Sep), Cirque du Soleil: Zarkana (Broadway, Radio City Music Hall - 26 Aug), RENT (Broadway, New World Stages - 25 Aug), Hair (Broadway, St. James Theatre - 24 Aug), The Book of Mormon (Broadway *WON LOTTO*, Eugene O'Neill Theatre - 24 Aug), Dress Circle Benefit Gala (WE, Her Majesty's Theatre - 7 Aug), Derren Brown: Svengali (WE, Shaftesbury Theatre - 6 July), Lend me a Tenor the Musical (WE, Gielgud Theatre - 3 June), Lord of the Flies (WE, Open Air Theatre in Regent's Park - 2 June), In a Forest Dark and Deep (WE, Vaudeville Theatre - 31 May), Jersey Boys (WE, Prince Edward Theatre - 28 May), The Umbrellas of Cherbourg (WE, Gielgud Theatre - 2 May), Priscilla Queen of the Desert (WE, Palace Theatre - 29 Apr), Les Miserables (WE, Queens Theatre - 20 Apr), Thrill me (WE, Tristan Bates Theatre - 14 Apr), Ghost the Musical (Manchester, Opera House - 13 Apr), Million Dollar Quartere (WE, Noel Coward Theatre - 5 Apr), The Lion King (WE, Lyceum Theatre - 16 Mar), The Exonerated (WE, Charing Cross Theatre - 15 Mar), The Children's Hour (WE, Comedy Theatre - 14 Mar), Clybourne Park (WE, Wyndhams Theatre - 12 Mar), Company (WE, Southwark Playhouse - 12 Mar), The 25th annual putnam county spelling bee (WE, Donmar - 2 March), Jersey Boys (WE, Prince Edward Theatre - 11 Feb), Million Dollar Quartet (WE, Noel Coward - 9 Feb), Love Story (WE, Duchess Theatre - 7 Feb), Lance Horne:First things last (WE, Garrick Theatre - 30 Jan), La Boheme (WE, Soho Theatre - 29 Jan), Legally Blonde (WE, Savoy Theatre - 10.Jan)
jaqs Profile Photojaqs Profile Photo
jaqs
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Cheap-er tickets to Billy Elliott#2
Posted: 2/14/09 at 12:07pm
Dayseats are 25, you've just missed gilt. Dont know about student.
charlieoflondon Profile Photocharlieoflondon Profile Photo
charlieoflondon
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: Cheap-er tickets to Billy Elliott#2
Posted: 2/14/09 at 1:30pm
yeah its 25 mon-thurs and 27.50 weekends. You can phone up and book row B in advance at that price or you can get row A on the day at that cost

hope that helps :)
UKtheatrekid
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Cheap-er tickets to Billy Elliott#3
Posted: 2/14/09 at 5:26pm
i dont know if this is still the case,
but i saw the opening preview YEARS AGO,
and got 17.50 restricted view seats
x
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Cheap-er tickets to Billy Elliott#4
Posted: 2/14/09 at 5:48pm
Yes, I know when I went to pick up my ticket the other day, they had cheaper tickets for row A&B, great view at a great price.
megs1122 Profile Photomegs1122 Profile Photo
megs1122
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Cheap-er tickets to Billy Elliott#5
Posted: 2/15/09 at 10:57am
Now would I call ticketmaster or the theatre directly on the day of??
Thanks so much for the info!
--megs
Shows seen in 2011: Rock of Ages (WE, Shaftesbury Theatre - 7 Oct), Jersey Boys (WE, Prince Edward Theatre - 1 Sep), Cirque du Soleil: Zarkana (Broadway, Radio City Music Hall - 26 Aug), RENT (Broadway, New World Stages - 25 Aug), Hair (Broadway, St. James Theatre - 24 Aug), The Book of Mormon (Broadway *WON LOTTO*, Eugene O'Neill Theatre - 24 Aug), Dress Circle Benefit Gala (WE, Her Majesty's Theatre - 7 Aug), Derren Brown: Svengali (WE, Shaftesbury Theatre - 6 July), Lend me a Tenor the Musical (WE, Gielgud Theatre - 3 June), Lord of the Flies (WE, Open Air Theatre in Regent's Park - 2 June), In a Forest Dark and Deep (WE, Vaudeville Theatre - 31 May), Jersey Boys (WE, Prince Edward Theatre - 28 May), The Umbrellas of Cherbourg (WE, Gielgud Theatre - 2 May), Priscilla Queen of the Desert (WE, Palace Theatre - 29 Apr), Les Miserables (WE, Queens Theatre - 20 Apr), Thrill me (WE, Tristan Bates Theatre - 14 Apr), Ghost the Musical (Manchester, Opera House - 13 Apr), Million Dollar Quartere (WE, Noel Coward Theatre - 5 Apr), The Lion King (WE, Lyceum Theatre - 16 Mar), The Exonerated (WE, Charing Cross Theatre - 15 Mar), The Children's Hour (WE, Comedy Theatre - 14 Mar), Clybourne Park (WE, Wyndhams Theatre - 12 Mar), Company (WE, Southwark Playhouse - 12 Mar), The 25th annual putnam county spelling bee (WE, Donmar - 2 March), Jersey Boys (WE, Prince Edward Theatre - 11 Feb), Million Dollar Quartet (WE, Noel Coward - 9 Feb), Love Story (WE, Duchess Theatre - 7 Feb), Lance Horne:First things last (WE, Garrick Theatre - 30 Jan), La Boheme (WE, Soho Theatre - 29 Jan), Legally Blonde (WE, Savoy Theatre - 10.Jan)
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Cheap-er tickets to Billy Elliott#6
Posted: 2/16/09 at 4:56am
Back row of the upper circle is only 17.50. I sat here and the view was absolutely fine and unrestricted.
Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Cheap-er tickets to Billy Elliott#7
Posted: 2/16/09 at 8:44am
For day seats you just have to turn up at the theatre box office and they start selling them from 10am on a first come-first served basis.

For restricted view I'd phone See Tickets (avoid Ticketbastard if you can) and you'd have to specifically request them. For more info on the tickets and a seating plan (handy if you're trying to get the 'least worst' restricted view), take a look at the Theatre Monkey site:
Theatre Monkey - Billy Elliot

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."

Chris T
Understudy
Understudy
re: Cheap-er tickets to Billy Elliott#8
Posted: 2/17/09 at 10:24am
Sometimes if you call in at the Box Office around 6pm you can get some of the 42.50 seats for 32.50 or 37.50, just depends if they have any left.
jaqs Profile Photojaqs Profile Photo
jaqs
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Cheap-er tickets to Billy Elliott#9
Posted: 2/18/09 at 6:54am
"book online at See Tickets and quote BILLYE35 Valid for all Monday - Thursday performances between 06/02/09 - 02/04/09."

From this weeks voucher listing for 35% off
Billy Whiz
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Cheap-er tickets to Billy Elliott#10
Posted: 2/18/09 at 7:33am
If you are going to sit in the Stalls B row then you have to phone the box office. They are not available anywhere else. The number I use is 02078 341 317. I personally do not like seats above B22. Anything lower than that are OK. My favourite seat is B10.

If you are going to day queue for A row then you have to pay by credit card or debit card. Cash is not accepted unless you are between 16 and 18 and have ID.

Please note that there is a 2.50 admin fee for booking over the phone.
Updated On: 2/18/09 at 07:33 AM