Has Anyone got a copy i would love to here it ? any help where i mgiht find it
No Doubt Our Paths Will Cross Again ! Matt
Acaila
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Ragtime Concert Cardiff#2
Posted: 1/14/09 at 5:25pm
When was this?
(I'm a recent convert to Ragtime...almost had a heart attack thinking it was being put on somewhere!)
Musical-Matt Profile PhotoMusical-Matt Profile Photo
Musical-Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Ragtime Concert Cardiff#2
Posted: 1/14/09 at 5:38pm
well it is being put on somewhere in bloody washington dc ! its on when im in new york but i cant get to washington re: Ragtime Concert Cardiff but welcome to the world of ragtime ! its wonderfull no it was before it opened in london and it had most of the original cast in it bar a few and it was in cardiff and recorded shown on bbc 4 and recorded
Musical-Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Ragtime Concert Cardiff#3
Posted: 1/14/09 at 5:45pm
well it is being put on somewhere in bloody washington dc ! its on when im in new york but i cant get to washington re: Ragtime Concert Cardiff but welcome to the world of ragtime ! its wonderfull no it was before it opened in london and it had most of the original cast in it bar a few and it was in cardiff and recorded shown on bbc 4 and recorded
exedore
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Ragtime Concert Cardiff#4
Posted: 1/14/09 at 5:49pm
That "somewhere" is the Kennedy Centre - a venue with all the aesthetic appeal of the Barbican at West End prices.

And I'm surprised to hear love for Ragtime from Mr. "I only like classics and happy new shows." Ragtime is about as unhappy of a musical as it gets!
Acaila
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Ragtime Concert Cardiff#5
Posted: 1/14/09 at 6:01pm
Explains why I love it then...fits in nicely with Les Mis, Chess, JCS, etc.!
Damn, now I want a copy of this concert too! There don't seem to be many/any youtube vids of the Broadway show either.
Musical-Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Ragtime Concert Cardiff#6
Posted: 1/17/09 at 10:17am
And I'm surprised to hear love for Ragtime from Mr. "I only like classics and happy new shows." Ragtime is about as unhappy of a musical as it gets!

is this me or acaila ? if its me then im a proud fan of ragtime but find act 1 better than act 2 ! all the good numbers are in act 1 but act 2 has a better story to it

Acaila
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Ragtime Concert Cardiff#7
Posted: 1/17/09 at 7:23pm
I'm assuming it's you. I'm not keen on many classics and tend to like the miserable shows more. I'm also not a Mr!

One thing I'm really loving about Ragtime is that I keep changing my favourite bits. Every week I pick a new song from it that is just the best thing ever and listen to it on repeat play for days. It is a bit...anthemy at times, but I reckon with a little bit of fiddling around it could be a much more varied show. Would love to direct it one day!
Acaila
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Ragtime Concert Cardiff#7
Posted: 1/17/09 at 7:23pm
I'm assuming it's you. I'm not keen on many classics and tend to like the miserable shows more. I'm also not a Mr!

One thing I'm really loving about Ragtime is that I keep changing my favourite bits. Every week I pick a new song from it that is just the best thing ever and listen to it on repeat play for days. It is a bit...anthemy at times, but I reckon with a little bit of fiddling around it could be a much more varied show. Would love to direct it one day!
Schmerg_The_Impaler Profile PhotoSchmerg_The_Impaler Profile Photo
Schmerg_The_Impaler
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Ragtime Concert Cardiff#9
Posted: 1/17/09 at 11:03pm
Musical-Matt-- Seeing as I live in bloody Washington, D.C., I am thrilled, but I know how you feel, what with shows I love always ending up in England!
In my pants, she has burst like the music of angels, the light of the sun! --Marius Pantsmercy
Acaila
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Ragtime Concert Cardiff#10
Posted: 1/18/09 at 12:25am
I don't live in England or America, I'm more screwed than all of you!
What shows are you missing that have been over here Schmerg?
Schmerg_The_Impaler Profile PhotoSchmerg_The_Impaler Profile Photo
Schmerg_The_Impaler
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Ragtime Concert Cardiff#11
Posted: 1/18/09 at 1:06pm
I was sad when Evita never transferred, and Les Miserables and Hairspray are still running across the pond when they're not back in New York. And... I love Oliver and always will. re: Ragtime Concert Cardiff
In my pants, she has burst like the music of angels, the light of the sun! --Marius Pantsmercy
Acaila
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Ragtime Concert Cardiff#12
Posted: 1/18/09 at 1:55pm
And to think I was quite liking you up until Oliver! (I always hated it, but kick Lord of the Rings out of Drury Lane will you?!)
My parents actually offered me a trip to Broadway for my 21st, but I said London would be more welcome for reasons like that...the good stuff seems to be closing in New York and London has a few nice extras (plus spend the plane fare to New York on more theatre tickets of course!)
Really wish I'd seen Evita!