Page: 1

Spring Awakening in London - Cast?

luke-h*** Profile Photoluke-h*** Profile Photo
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Spring Awakening in London - Cast?#1
Posted: 11/24/08 at 6:27pm
So what's happening? Got my tickets for January 24th, just wondering if anyone had a cast list stating who is who etc...
Also is it a new production?
All I can think of to expect is that it will all be sung with British brogues! lol! I'm very excited :)
THEATRE 2016: Grey Gardens; SwkPlayhouse, Cats; London Palladium, Into the Woods; Royal Exchange, Show Boat; Sheffield Crucible, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Prsicilla Queen of the Desert; UK Tour, Narrative; RWCMD, Mojo; RWCMD, The Barber of Seville; WNO, Rabbit Hole; Hampstead, The Marriage of Figaro; WNO, Figaro Gets a Divorce; WNO, Tom: The Musical; UK Tour Upcoming: Anything Can Happen; RWCMD, Cysgy'n Brys'ur, Long Day's Journey Into Night; Bristol Old Vic, Only the Brave, The Caretaker; The Old Vic, People Places and Things, Blue/Orange; Young Vic, Bernadette Peters, Carole King, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II
jaqs Profile Photojaqs Profile Photo
jaqs
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Spring Awakening in London - Cast?#2
Posted: 11/24/08 at 6:31pm
Casting was out a bit ago but not the adult roles.

Casting from WOS
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Spring Awakening in London - Cast?#2
Posted: 11/24/08 at 6:31pm
re: Spring Awakening in London - Cast?

....even a new logo for London!
Its a new production yes, with a cast freshly picked straight from a few selected London drama schools.
See it and enjoy it because the likely hood of it moving into the West End is almost zero now.

exedore
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Spring Awakening in London - Cast?#3
Posted: 11/24/08 at 6:49pm
The logo...is the Lyric's in-house font for listings, much as the Old Vic and the National have unified listing typesets.

The actual publicity images all use the US logo.
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Spring Awakening in London - Cast?#4
Posted: 11/24/08 at 6:53pm
I kind of thought that but to be honest there isn't much around the West End showing anything that its on our doorstep very soon and believe me, I'm flier hunting across the West End daily!
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Spring Awakening in London - Cast?#5
Posted: 11/24/08 at 7:04pm
Melchior will be played by Aneurin Barnard, a recent graduate of the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama in Cardiff. I saw him playing Tony in the RWCMD's production of West Side Story at the Sherman Theatre in Cardiff back in February and he was pretty fantastic.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
A Fleur De Toi Profile PhotoA Fleur De Toi Profile Photo
A Fleur De Toi
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Spring Awakening in London - Cast?#6
Posted: 11/24/08 at 9:44pm
I'm seeing this on 26 Jan at Lyric Hammersmith... I was wondering why it's not in a West End theatre?
In Soviet Russia, Wicked hates you too!
jaqs Profile Photojaqs Profile Photo
jaqs
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Spring Awakening in London - Cast?#7
Posted: 11/25/08 at 5:32am
Its a sort of out of town try out, but in town. Plan being if it does well to transfer.
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Spring Awakening in London - Cast?#8
Posted: 11/25/08 at 5:45am
Its an 'in house' production by the Lyric Hammersmith itself that is different and totally separate from the Broadway production- basically it isn't a transfer of the New York show.
Any transfer is quiet a few months away and looks unlikely at the moment as the show hasn't sold as they had initially hoped. The critics will decide any transfer when the show opens in Feb, there arn't even any theatres rumored for it yet.
The Lyric Hammersmith has a fantastic history of transffering its productions into the West End, the biggest ever being the original 'Noises off back in the early 80s. It has also staged some very high profile shows, like 'Spring Awakening' that have never left Hammersmith, sadly.
luke-h*** Profile Photoluke-h*** Profile Photo
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Spring Awakening in London - Cast?#9
Posted: 11/25/08 at 7:01am
re: Spring Awakening in London - Cast?

I'm loving this new-ish poster :)
Will be great to see a new production. Mama you said that the tickets aren't selling well as hoped, looks like there's veyr few left at the moment to me. I'm lucky I got mine, realy can't wait! However it's a week before Children of Eden, feeling my director will lynch me...lol?

THEATRE 2016: Grey Gardens; SwkPlayhouse, Cats; London Palladium, Into the Woods; Royal Exchange, Show Boat; Sheffield Crucible, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Prsicilla Queen of the Desert; UK Tour, Narrative; RWCMD, Mojo; RWCMD, The Barber of Seville; WNO, Rabbit Hole; Hampstead, The Marriage of Figaro; WNO, Figaro Gets a Divorce; WNO, Tom: The Musical; UK Tour Upcoming: Anything Can Happen; RWCMD, Cysgy'n Brys'ur, Long Day's Journey Into Night; Bristol Old Vic, Only the Brave, The Caretaker; The Old Vic, People Places and Things, Blue/Orange; Young Vic, Bernadette Peters, Carole King, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II
Updated On: 11/25/08 at 07:01 AM