Page: 1

Avenue Q Website

CONAries Profile PhotoCONAries Profile Photo
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Avenue Q Website#1
Posted: 10/29/08 at 12:54pm
For a show that only has a few months left, was it worth spending thousands on a new website, probably not, BUT it's a brilliant new site anyway!

http://www.avenueqthemusical.co.uk/

luke-h*** Profile Photoluke-h*** Profile Photo
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Avenue Q Website#2
Posted: 10/29/08 at 1:40pm
Anyone else predict a tour?
A friend had apparantly been cast as Brian in a professional version of Avenue Q. When I last spoke nto him he knew nothing about but had a meeting about it Monday. I haven't spoken to him since, but watch this space.
THEATRE 2016: Grey Gardens; SwkPlayhouse, Cats; London Palladium, Into the Woods; Royal Exchange, Show Boat; Sheffield Crucible, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Prsicilla Queen of the Desert; UK Tour, Narrative; RWCMD, Mojo; RWCMD, The Barber of Seville; WNO, Rabbit Hole; Hampstead, The Marriage of Figaro; WNO, Figaro Gets a Divorce; WNO, Tom: The Musical; UK Tour Upcoming: Anything Can Happen; RWCMD, Cysgy'n Brys'ur, Long Day's Journey Into Night; Bristol Old Vic, Only the Brave, The Caretaker; The Old Vic, People Places and Things, Blue/Orange; Young Vic, Bernadette Peters, Carole King, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Avenue Q Website#2
Posted: 10/29/08 at 2:44pm
Great website but 5 months is still a long run for a show to complete.
Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Avenue Q Website#3
Posted: 10/30/08 at 6:06am
Plus the website may have been commisioned before a decision on closing was taken
CONAries Profile PhotoCONAries Profile Photo
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Avenue Q Website#4
Posted: 10/30/08 at 10:35am
That's true, but they must have known a closure was likely for some time now!

My main point was just why spend this money when they're gonna get nothing back from it as they are closing, and they already had a brilliant website!
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Avenue Q Website#5
Posted: 10/30/08 at 10:55am
re: Avenue Q Website

No, it was only decided 3 weeks ago and they said they would give it a good 6 month closure period. You must also realize that the public wont start seeing announcements its closing till Dec or Jan.
Same thing happened with 'Spamalot' -they decide to close 3 moths ago- the first ads in the press appeared just 2 weeks ago.
Its very common practice that a a show knows its coming off many months in advance except of course if its 'Gone With The Wind'.
When 'Evita' closed at the Prnce Edward in Feb 1986 they decided one whole year prior and even advertised the fact from 10 months before the last perf. It was odd to see posters all over London saying 'last 9 months', 'last 6 months' etc and back then it was even stranger to be buying theatre tickets 10 months in advance- I got my last night seats in April 1985 and still only got 3rd row circle!

Updated On: 10/30/08 at 10:55 AM
chrissydee Profile Photochrissydee Profile Photo
chrissydee
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Avenue Q Website#6
Posted: 11/1/08 at 10:28am
Thank god!! I always disliked the UK avenue q site... this one is amazing! Its such a shame its leaving us but it has done longer than i thought it would... i think a major part of that has been its clever price plan!
Clark_MD Profile PhotoClark_MD Profile Photo
Clark_MD
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Avenue Q Website#7
Posted: 11/1/08 at 10:46am
ooo very posh! it's almost as nice as the "Can't Smile Without You!" site hahaha!!
The Artist Formally Known As 'Anon2'
Updated On: 11/1/08 at 10:46 AM