Page: 1

Pack your bags for a Blithe Spirit of a lifetime!

devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Right, grab your passports and an overnight bag! Angela Lansbury is playing Madam Arcati alongside Rupert Everett and Christine Ebersole on Broadway. West End Board excursion now!

Failing that, start chanting "Bring it to London! Bring it to London!"
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Thanks Dev!
I was gonna post something on here about this extraordinarily fabulous production but thought better of it as we were blasted on here some weeks back for talking about 'Legally Blonde' not being a West End topic!
I for one am stunned by the casting of this production and will, beginning tonight, be praying that we may possibly get a West End season late next year with this cast. It would be nice for Angela to do a little goodbye to the West End too don't you think!
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Pack your bags for a Blithe Spirit of a lifetime!

**this has now prompted me to put on 'High Spirits', the divine musical version with Beatrice Lillie! As Mdm Arcarti she has a great number called 'Go Into Your Trance'.

devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Pure gold! Now I'm going to watch Margaret Rutherford!
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The last time the West End had a decent production was in 1986 with Joanna Lumley as Elvira and a brilliant, brilliant Mdm Arcarti from Marcia Warren. The late, Simon Cadel played Charles to Jane Ashers Ruth.
I'm pretty sure it came from Chichester?
The Bath Theatre Royal production that played The Svyoy in 2004 can be set aside as an acceptable mistake, tho the casting of Penelope Keith sounded great initially,she didn't quiet pull it off.
I would have given an eye tooth to have seen Beryl Reid's 1970s Arcarti with Patrick Cargill as Charles! Wow!
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
That would have been incredible!

Love the artwork for the Simon Cadell flyer- lovely classy watercolour. I'll have to go and find it unless someone posts it first...
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I got it but cant post it!
Its all french windows and fab blues if i remember?