'Billy Elliot' -Looking For A New Home.

WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
'Billy Elliot' -Looking For A New Home.#1
Posted: 9/11/08 at 10:37am
'Billy Elliot' -Looking For A New Home.

Westminister Council today excepted an application for redevelopment of the Victoria Palace Theatre, currently home to 'Billy Elliot-The Musical'.
OK guys 'don't panic'!-the theatre is staying, just getting bigger and better!

The application is for the entire fly tower to be replaced with a new 8 story tower together with a brand new dressing room block. The theatre is on an island and there are no restrictions on building any where around the building. The stalls area of the auditorium will be re-floored and the biggest work that the public will see is the digging of a new orchestra pit for up to 70 musicians. The entire building will be redecorated from floor to ceiling.
The application was accepted without contest which means work can start yesterday!!!!

Now, what becomes of our 'Billy' like mun ???

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 9/11/08 at 10:37 AM
legallysam Profile Photolegallysam Profile Photo
legallysam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
ahh this sounds exciting for The Victoria Palace! I cant wait to see the finished product! Although i hope Billy finds a new home, it really is a fantastic show, would be a shame to lose it.
"Rock Of Ages is about as original as gay men at a clap clinic" - SANDM2
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Billy Elliot' -Looking For A New Home.

Not much will happen within the next 18 months. 'Billy Elliot' would have been on stage 6 or 7 years buy then so who knows, it could have run its course by the time refurbishment needs to start.
If that is the case and 6 to 8 years is a stunning run for any show, it will be almost guaranteed that the Victoria Palace will reopen with something huge that we don't even know about yet!

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 9/11/08 at 11:16 AM
chrissydee Profile Photochrissydee Profile Photo
chrissydee
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Hey guys. I work at the VP and work is not even being considered for another 5-10years! Its a mammoth task they are planning! So Billy has no need/reason to move!
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
No, there is no time line but with the Council approving it today, as i said, it can start when ever. If only a few more theatres could get this treatment.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
No, there is no time line but with the Council approving it today, as i said, it can start when ever. If only a few more theatres could get this treatment.
mcalpine84 Profile Photomcalpine84 Profile Photo
mcalpine84
Understudy
Understudy
yes- its a gorgeous theatre, well looked after.... and lets hope more follow in its footsteps!
CHGriffiths Profile PhotoCHGriffiths Profile Photo
CHGriffiths
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
I could be completely wrong, but dont planning applications expire after a certain amout of time, so surely they have to start farely soon!
"If you talk about my family I will punch you in the fanny so hard it'll end up on your face... oh, looks like someone beat me to it!" - Dawn French
Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"the digging of a new orchestra pit for up to 70 musicians"

Now all they need to do is get a production in there that actually has 70 musicians in the pit. Fuller orchestras are making a (limited) comeback on Broadway - hopefully a trend that will make its way over here soon... re: 'Billy Elliot' -Looking For A New Home.

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."