Page: 1

Kerry Ellis Interview

toanythingtaboo 2 Profile Phototoanythingtaboo 2 Profile Photo
toanythingtaboo 2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Kerry Ellis Interview#1
Posted: 9/1/08 at 8:14pm
I'm listening to an interview with her, catching up on how she's doing on Broadway etc.

They're all on YouTube, under 'Kerry Ellis - Radio Interview', but incase you can't be bothered...

She said that she's staying on for 6 months after she gets back home to London, who knows if she was supposed to say that or not...because I haven't heard it mentioned before apart from lots of fans speculating.

I have mixed feelings about that, because I love her to bits and more chances to see her before she leaves is always good...but her voice is feeling the strain these days...can she really last another, what...9/10 months in the role? I hope so, I just really don't want her to over do it like Idina did.

Anyways, just thought I'd give a wee post about it. (I would venture over to the Broadway board, but it would no doubt turn into arguments).

winston89 Profile Photowinston89 Profile Photo
winston89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Kerry Ellis Interview#2
Posted: 9/2/08 at 3:09am
I think that Idina doing the role in London is different then Kerry doing it on Broadway. Keep in mind that when Idina did the role in London she did it after having around a year or so off from the role.

Kerry went from one right to the other giving her no time to rest. The sad part is is that it does show in her performance.
"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll
toanythingtaboo 2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Kerry Ellis Interview#2
Posted: 9/2/08 at 6:16am
True that.

She's leaving Broadway in November...and starting again 1st December.

WHY are these people not using common sense and scheduling in a sufficient break?! She's pissed off people in NYC for poor attendance, it would be a shame if her image is tarnished by giving poor (for her) performances and attendance.

I'm guessing this all means that Kerry, Dianne Pilkington and Oli Tompsett will all leave at the same time, June 7th I assume.

That night will be CRAZY.
singingadream
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: Kerry Ellis Interview#3
Posted: 9/2/08 at 10:40am
cast change will take place on
2nd May 2009.

I presume this is when kerry is leaving too.
legally_wicked
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Kerry Ellis Interview#4
Posted: 9/2/08 at 11:03am
All the fangirls have been panicing over buying tickets already haha.
toanythingtaboo 2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Kerry Ellis Interview#5
Posted: 9/2/08 at 11:03am
Any reason for it being May 2nd?

It's just seems that most of the cast have their end of contracts on June 7th...ie. Helen Dallimore, Adam Garcia, Martin Ball, Shona White, Kerry Ellis, Cassidy Janson, James Gillan, Katie Rowley-Jones and Nigel Planer....etc

legally_wicked
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Kerry Ellis Interview#6
Posted: 9/2/08 at 11:07am
The first cast change was actually July 14th so it seems to be going back a month each year.
Queenie2 Profile PhotoQueenie2 Profile Photo
Queenie2
Swing
Swing
re: Kerry Ellis Interview#7
Posted: 9/4/08 at 5:26pm
May 4th 2009 is the next big cast change, so im guessing her last will be the 2nd aka Saturday before...
Updated On: 9/5/08 at 05:26 PM

Page: 1