Page: 1

Oh Crap - If one grease was not bad enough

songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh Crap - If one grease was not bad enough#1
Posted: 11/1/07 at 11:20am
David Ian has bought the rights to stage Grease 2 (you know THE HUGE FLOP) and plans on bringing it to the stage next year
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I wont sleep tonight! This man has made far too much money from 'Grease 1' -whos to blame for 'Grease 2'? The public who pay good money to see 'Grease 1' thats who!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
ive just noticed wicked

how funny is it that we are slagging off grease 2 when both of our pics are mega flop musicals (Carrie and Marilyn) hahahaha
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
...and?

haha
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I LOVED BOTH MARILYN AND CARRIE

There i said it

I LOVE FLOPS

hehehe
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The idea of a stage version of Grease 2 makes me cringe even though I enjoyed the film and the orginal Dominion production. To add to this, David Ian is also producing a stage version of Flashdance.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Jesus! My day just got worse!
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Slightly of-topic, I absolutely love your pic of Benadette the musical and SADM's pic of Carrie.
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
thanks

Im a huge Carrie whore and must have everything to do with Carrie the musical (i did have betty buckley locked in my basement but she escaped grrrrr lol)
I still think it was a great show locked in a bad production with a clueless director.

WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I just think Bernadette was a big load of crap and deserved its fate! I still have nightmares over the sets!!!!! But then as SADM2 said -i love love love flops!
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
2 amazing songs from Carrie

Open Your Heart and Eve Was Weak (Betty Buckley and Linzi Hateley)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR4Zayw-yUQ

Oh and here is the brilliant I Remember How Those Boys Could Dance (Betty and Linzi)MIND BLOWING

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkWrS-xzNOM
Updated On: 11/1/07 at 12:27 PM
AvenueQResident Profile PhotoAvenueQResident Profile Photo
AvenueQResident
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
What's the point? Unlike the first one, it's universally hated.
Everything in life...is only for now.
Boybooshka Profile PhotoBoybooshka Profile Photo
Boybooshka
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
No it isn't me and the other half both prefer it to the first one.
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
urgh how

It has none of the charm or wit of the original, the characters are forgettable, the score is poor
bill73
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
i've completely lost track of which show we're talking about now, but can we get back to having a go at grease 2 - it is so pants...!! i'd just about forgiven Ian for Grease is the Word (how could he have known how badly ITV would do it?) but one mistake is unfortunate, two looks like carelessness...
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I dont see Grease 2 selling AT ALL
bill73
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
it would be a big shame if it did, and just mean more evidence that the west end is becoming a shop window for films etc...

before anyone jumps down my throat about being a musical theatre snob, i'm not - some of my all time favourite shows are the very commercial ones, and although i hated dirty dancing, i actually thought it was very cleverly staged. However, i think it's a shame that increasingly, the only way to get a big new show into the west end is for it to be a tie-in to either a TV show or film...

ok, rant over...
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
no, you continue to rant, most of us are with you!
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I dont mind Films turned musicals, like i dont mind books turned musicals or plays turned musicals,but they have to be good and well staged with an audience in mind.

Fame had an audience but fell apart by making it to camp (the film is very gritty)

Footloose knew its audience well and mounted a slick production so i like that one

Dirty Dancing is just pointless, there is NO reason for this stage version to exist but it knew it would have a huge following.

Grease was a great show and film but them days are long gone but it still has an audience

Grease 2 well erm it was a bad film, no one went to see it so whats the point??

Then again......Look at Xanadu
etty
Swing
Swing
the reason grease does so well (regardless of how naff its production is) is because everyone grows up with it. for most people, grease or joseph will have been the first musical they remember seeing/being involved in and for that reason, grease will always prevail.

grease 2, on t'other hand, was just rubbish. it had all the tackiness of the first film, without any of the charm. i can only imagine how bloody awful a stage production would be.

Page: 1