Page: 1

Wicked - New Cast

turquoisefish Profile Phototurquoisefish Profile Photo
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Wicked - New Cast#1
Posted: 7/25/07 at 5:16pm
The new cast started a while back, I am thinking of going next week when Kerry is off (and hopefully Cassidy Janson is on, not just avoiding Kerry) and would like other's opinions of the new cast (I haven't seen it since Miriam Margolyes was in it still). Also have any changes been made, I know sometimes shows make changes at major cast changes.
Thanks
CHGriffiths Profile PhotoCHGriffiths Profile Photo
CHGriffiths
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Wicked - New Cast#2
Posted: 7/27/07 at 6:16am
Ive seen it 3 times since Miriam's left, the most recent being 14th July, and as far as Im aware, besides orchestra, there have been no changes, and the orchestra chages are a good thing, like the main instrument in the end of Defying Gravity is an electric gutair. Susie is amazing and ALOT better than Miriam, although they like her as shes playing the role of Maddame Morrible on Broadway in January and of what Ive heard the rest of the New Cast are better, Ive seen Oliver Tompsett and Andy Mace before and they were good, however i Have not heard Dianne.
"If you talk about my family I will punch you in the fanny so hard it'll end up on your face... oh, looks like someone beat me to it!" - Dawn French
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Wicked - New Cast#2
Posted: 7/27/07 at 7:32am
Thanks,
I am pretty set on going Thursday, only thing is I kinda want to see Drowsy Chaperone before it closes. Bit of a dilemma
CHGriffiths
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Wicked - New Cast#3
Posted: 7/27/07 at 8:02am
Oh go to Drowsy, Ive already seen it twice, its hilarious and a show that should never be missed, by the end of its short run i'll have seen it 3 times as I'm going to it's closing night, which is luckily my birthday so I already had good seats booked, before its closure announced, but seriously, Wicked will be open for a long time still, go see Drowsy while you have the choice!
"If you talk about my family I will punch you in the fanny so hard it'll end up on your face... oh, looks like someone beat me to it!" - Dawn French
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Wicked - New Cast#4
Posted: 7/27/07 at 8:55am
I know it will be open for a long time, I really want to see Cassidy go on as Elphaba, and Kerry is out for 3 days. Happens to also be the last 3 days of Drowsy Chaperone. I might have to justify 2 trips to London.
CHGriffiths
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Wicked - New Cast#5
Posted: 7/27/07 at 12:50pm
or do a one day trip go up on 4th august, see Wicked matinee and see Drowsys last show in the evening! BHut im very excited as kerry is off as she is peforming at a Queen concert in Bournemouth, which is 20 minutes from me so I get to see her peform queen songs again, with Maz Murray so im very excited, but, as I said just do the one trip up to London, but Cassidy may not peform, quite often when its a planned leave the understudy, not the standby peforms, so unless its been confimed dont count on it!
mrkringas Profile Photomrkringas Profile Photo
mrkringas
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Wicked - New Cast#6
Posted: 7/27/07 at 1:09pm
I recall seeing the new understudy Elphaba in Taboo. She has a fierce voice and held the stage well. CJ is also rather good in the part so either way you are in for a treat. Although I imagine CJ has come on even further in the role since January. And even back then I felt she found an interpretation that was far more 3D than some of the bigger names.
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Wicked - New Cast#7
Posted: 7/27/07 at 1:35pm
Thanks for the 2 messages, I cannot go on Saturday and do both, though I could do one Saturday evening (Drowsy's final night so that would be good)
If I don't see Cassidy as Elphaba it will be someone new which is still good (I have seen Idina, Cassidy, Shona and Kerry so far)
Anon2 Profile PhotoAnon2 Profile Photo
Anon2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Wicked - New Cast#8
Posted: 7/27/07 at 3:45pm
Going again in August looking forward to seeing kerry!
**You Can't Beat A Matcham!**
Anon2 Profile PhotoAnon2 Profile Photo
Anon2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Wicked - New Cast#9
Posted: 7/27/07 at 3:45pm
Going again in August looking forward to seeing kerry!
**You Can't Beat A Matcham!**
AJ3
Swing
Swing
re: Wicked - New Cast#10
Posted: 7/29/07 at 8:44am
Quote CHGriffiths - "or do a one day trip go up on 4th august, see Wicked matinee and see Drowsys last show in the evening! BHut im very excited as kerry is off as she is peforming at a Queen concert in Bournemouth, which is 20 minutes from me so I get to see her peform queen songs again, with Maz Murray so im very excited, but, as I said just do the one trip up to London, but Cassidy may not peform, quite often when its a planned leave the understudy, not the standby peforms, so unless its been confimed dont count on it!"

What a load of bull s***! Its not common AT ALL, for the understudy to go on over the standby EVER! There has so far, since September, only ever been one occasion where an understudy went on over a standby and that was the 30th June, as they wanted Cassidy to have some "standby practice", but that was planned before. On the 2nd/3rd/4th Cassidy WILL be on as Elphaba 100%, unless ofcourse she is ill when Ashleigh Gray will go on instead.
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Wicked - New Cast#11
Posted: 7/29/07 at 10:28am
Well I have seen Cassidy before, when she was understudy (I don't think Shona was ready, but Shona WAS the official standby).
It hasn't been announced who is taking over for Kerry on those days (like some shows do) but I presume it would be standby unless she can't go on for some reason, that is the point of having a standby.
I will be happy to see Cassidy or Ashleigh
AJ3
Swing
Swing
re: Wicked - New Cast#12
Posted: 7/29/07 at 12:23pm
It hasn't been "offically" confirmed who is doing those dates, but Cassidy did say to me at the stage door on Tuesday she was definately going to be on for those dates. So yes the standby should be on, unless she has illness, which is not too likely as Cassidy has very good attendance.

And you saw Cassidy in January then? cool! I never got to see her with Helen, but then again I never went out specially to see her.
CHGriffiths
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Wicked - New Cast#13
Posted: 7/29/07 at 1:09pm
ok, but when i met cassidy i said to her, kerry's off at the moment so are you likely to go on if shes still off, and she said, she doesnt know and it isnt always the standby who goes on, so she didnt know yet, and kerry might be back, which she was, so i heard it from her mouth!
USTheater.TV Profile PhotoUSTheater.TV Profile Photo
USTheater.TV
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Wicked - New Cast#14
Posted: 7/30/07 at 6:02pm
re: Wicked - New Cast

Here's the video of the press event in London with some cast and UK "celebrities".
UK Theatre is WICKED

_________________ www.uktheatre.net