Page: 1

THE RINK, THE RINK!

Wicked63
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
THE RINK, THE RINK!#1
Posted: 6/20/07 at 1:41pm
A few months back it was put about that Patti LuPone was in discussion to do a concert version of Kander and Ebbs 'The Rink'. Firstly it was to be 2 night concert presentation at the Royal Albert Hall with, at a latter date the production going to a full West End house -Broadway was mentioned also. I know The Rink doesnt have the greatest of track records in London or NY but i think the producers this time were looking at a 'Chicago' kind of set up for it. 'Chicago' hits 11yrs this year. Im just interested if any one knows any more that what was mentioned months ago.
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: THE RINK, THE RINK!#2
Posted: 6/21/07 at 7:32am
I was very excited for this project, sadly it seems to have gone the way of Over Here! and slipped through the cracks...
Wicked63
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Posted: 6/21/07 at 7:38am

Updated On: 6/21/07 at 07:38 AM
Wicked63
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Posted: 6/21/07 at 7:38am
Didnt that sound like a great way to get this lost treasure of a show to a new audience! I began to wonder if it had sliped us by as nothing has been said since the initial announcment. What a shame! I saw the London production every performance except Weds matinees-to see a show like that with the company giving 101% all the time knowing they were closeing as soon as they opened was fascinating and very sad. It barely ran a month! The Rink ran at The Wythanshaw Theatre outside Manchester for a months run and was quickly snapped up to open in the West End. It opened at the Cambridge on Feb 17th to really rotten and undeserved reviews. Just 3 days after opening the producers decided to close it. A campain was launched to try to keep it running with even another producer contemplating a transfer to The Apollo Shaftesbury Ave or The Globe (now the Guildgud). It was arather exciting four weeks as the show plodded along until we saw the final curtain come down to an incredible ovation.
Updated On: 6/21/07 at 07:38 AM