Page: 1

Bob to leave drowsy

CHGriffiths Profile PhotoCHGriffiths Profile Photo
CHGriffiths
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Bob to leave drowsy#1
Posted: 6/7/07 at 1:12pm
Hi as you all should know Bob martin is kicking off the north america drowsy tour on september 19th, so does anybody know what date he is leaving london, and if anybody is seeing the show soon, is it possible for you to ask him as i would hate to miss his last show. Im guessing it will be early august as he may not need to rehearse but the other characters will need to rehearse with him! and finally, does anybody know who will be taking over as man in the chair?
"If you talk about my family I will punch you in the fanny so hard it'll end up on your face... oh, looks like someone beat me to it!" - Dawn French
postergirl
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Bob to leave drowsy#2
Posted: 6/7/07 at 2:36pm
Mid July
mikeyb16 Profile Photomikeyb16 Profile Photo
mikeyb16
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Bob to leave drowsy#2
Posted: 6/8/07 at 12:10pm
wow his run in Londo seems.............very shortlived
Norma D Profile PhotoNorma D Profile Photo
Norma D
Understudy
Understudy
re: Bob to leave drowsy#3
Posted: 6/8/07 at 1:26pm
Hope the show does alright in London without him! Wonder who will take over--anyone heard?
Bill's thirty-two. He looks thirty-two. He looked it five years ago, he'll look it twenty years from now. I hate men. --Margo Channing
postergirl
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Bob to leave drowsy#4
Posted: 6/8/07 at 6:35pm
Steve Pemberton from The League of Gentlemen
BDavis0092
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Bob to leave drowsy#5
Posted: 6/9/07 at 12:46am
Bob's run is short lived in London but he was really brought in just to re-create the character as he will do for the tour. I have a feeling his run on the tour will be the same.
www.youtube.com/BwayNY225
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Bob to leave drowsy#6
Posted: 6/20/07 at 8:33pm
They haven't officially finalised the date yet, but I was told I could either pop back in or give them a ring in a week and they'd know for certain by then. So... who knows exactly what that means! ^_^ We'll ask again in a week, then we'll know for certain too, I suppose. re: Bob to leave drowsy
Clara's Pony Profile PhotoClara's Pony Profile Photo
Clara's Pony
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Bob to leave drowsy#7
Posted: 6/20/07 at 10:11pm
Weez, whenever you find out please post! Thanks x
Why, hello Margaret! Yes darling, half past five. Well, everyone, simply le tout Park Avenue and la creme de Hyannis! Well, the press table's going to be awfully crowded... but if you don't mind sharing a folding chair with Harper's Bazaar... Sing? Me? Heavens no, it's Edie's day, not mine... Although people can be so insistent, and I hate to disappoint. Twist my arm, blackmail me, threaten my very life, and who knows? You might get a verse of something...
CHGriffiths
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Bob to leave drowsy#9
Posted: 6/21/07 at 12:08pm
thanx. guys however I have heard from stage door land at the theatre that his final night is 14th July, which really f***S me off because im already seeing Helen's last show of Wicked dat day, but i suppose u cnt ave the best of both worlds. There are also lots of rumours going around about the next man in the chair, but the most obvious and strongest rumour is Paul O'grady, he was given special treatment at the opening night of Drowsy and I know he has been back to the theatre to watch it and go back stage 5 times since, including once going out with a big wad of paper he didnt go in with! And this also fits in with the series of his show ending, so I think dats who it might be, hate to say it!
"If you talk about my family I will punch you in the fanny so hard it'll end up on your face... oh, looks like someone beat me to it!" - Dawn French
CHGriffiths
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Bob to leave drowsy#11
Posted: 6/21/07 at 4:04pm
Im not suggesting theres been a change because Steve Pemberton was never confirmed it was just put under as a rumour on whatsonstage.com but im also not sayin it is Paul O'Grady, he might just be a huge fan of the shows or a friend of one of the cast members, i dont really know, but nobody does, dats the thing, nothing has been officially announced so its just the waiting game for the official confirmation by Drowsy, which should be next week!
Clara's Pony
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Bob to leave drowsy#12
Posted: 6/21/07 at 4:34pm
Well now we know it's definitely not Paul O'Grady... http://www.playbill.com/news/article/109022.html
Why, hello Margaret! Yes darling, half past five. Well, everyone, simply le tout Park Avenue and la creme de Hyannis! Well, the press table's going to be awfully crowded... but if you don't mind sharing a folding chair with Harper's Bazaar... Sing? Me? Heavens no, it's Edie's day, not mine... Although people can be so insistent, and I hate to disappoint. Twist my arm, blackmail me, threaten my very life, and who knows? You might get a verse of something...
Wicked63
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Bob to leave drowsy#13
Posted: 6/21/07 at 4:38pm
Great casting! Hope it doesnt steel Elaines thunder. Shame they couldnt get the two of them for the opening. I think Paul O'Grady would have been great as there is no bigger musical theatre queen than Paul- i know him!
CHGriffiths
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Bob to leave drowsy#14
Posted: 6/21/07 at 4:39pm
yep sorry guys bout dat i only just read the articles confirming the other block whos name I can never rmeber but if im onhest I think hell be an amazin man in chair and im reli pleased its not Paul O'Grady!
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Bob to leave drowsy#15
Posted: 6/21/07 at 6:18pm
Dammit, I was hoping to see Bob once more before he headed off. Not sure if I can afford to get into London before July 10th. XP

Maybe if I just don't eat this month... ^_^
Clara's Pony
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Bob to leave drowsy#16
Posted: 6/24/07 at 11:51am
I've never watched the League of Gentlemen... I suppose if he's a comedian that's probably the best bet, MIC relies on humour & it's hardly as if there's much singing & dancing involved.
CHGriffiths
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Bob to leave drowsy#17
Posted: 6/30/07 at 4:14am
Righ ok then, he's leaving 9th july, whos booked tickets to it, I know I have! Its gonna be such a coooool week for me, bobs last on Monday and Helen's in Wicked on Saturday, so whos goin 2 either or who else is goin 2 both?
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Bob to leave drowsy#18
Posted: 7/1/07 at 4:37pm
Well, thanks to TheTrainline.com randomly deciding to let me travel into and out of London for 9 all told, I will be attending this Wednesday evening's performance. Marvellous! Nice cheap show ticket thanks to LastMinute.com too. :3
miss pennywise Profile Photomiss pennywise Profile Photo
miss pennywise
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Bob to leave drowsy#19
Posted: 7/4/07 at 4:41pm
The Independent is also offering a discount: 20 off each ticket through July 27. Check out the Theatre Directory section in the paper and call the number listed. We had fabulous seats, center stalls.

Bob will be missed. re: Bob to leave drowsy
"Be on your guard! Jerks on the loose!"

http://www.roches.com/television/ss83kod.html

"If any relationship involves a flow chart, get out of it...FAST!"

~ Best12Bars
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Bob to leave drowsy#20
Posted: 7/4/07 at 7:20pm
If you want to gamble, get one of the 10 balcony seats from lastminute.com and pray for an upgrade. I got a surprise upgrade tonight, and ended up smackdab in the middle of the stalls (which was a massive problem when I had to leave sharpish at the end to get my train!), and from what I eavesdropped, everyone around me had been upgraded too. I reckon this trick is most likely to work midweek though. re: Bob to leave drowsy

I second the missing Bob. He's just so charming, and brings real joy and humanity and pathos to the whole thing. I hope whatshisface doesn't end up being a complete letdown. XP
miss pennywise Profile Photomiss pennywise Profile Photo
miss pennywise
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Bob to leave drowsy#21
Posted: 7/5/07 at 8:30am
Bob's greatest gift is his humanity, and that quality is not something he simply conjures for the role of Man in Chair. His humanity is real.

"Be on your guard! Jerks on the loose!"

http://www.roches.com/television/ss83kod.html

"If any relationship involves a flow chart, get out of it...FAST!"

~ Best12Bars
Clara's Pony
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Bob to leave drowsy#22
Posted: 7/5/07 at 9:40am
Very philosophical Miss Pennywise.
Wicked63
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Bob to leave drowsy#23
Posted: 7/6/07 at 12:40am
Hi guys ive just posted a comment on the 'Drowsey Upgarde' post about shift downs.