Page: 1

Anyone seen On The Town???

rohingit Profile Photorohingit Profile Photo
rohingit
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Anyone seen On The Town???#1
Posted: 5/21/07 at 6:47pm
Ok so i have to go into town early tomorrow and seeing as i have my first night off in ....well forever and was thinking about trying to get a ticket for On The Town iv not really heard any feed back on this run...appart from my folks loving it lol! any comments guys?
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Anyone seen On The Town???#2
Posted: 5/21/07 at 7:09pm
I saw this one. Maybe I really do have a problem... O_O

I really enjoyed it and thought it was definitely worth the trip to London. The ENO always have such interesting programmes compared with most other West End shows. Show wasn't bad either. re: Anyone seen On The Town??? Go and see it, but be prepared to have 'New York New York' stuck in your head for at least two weeks. re: Anyone seen On The Town???
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Anyone seen On The Town???#2
Posted: 5/21/07 at 7:33pm
i actually really enjoyed it, its a lot of fun , you will have a good night
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
ruthiefan_felix Profile Photoruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Anyone seen On The Town???#3
Posted: 5/22/07 at 6:45am
Im so sad Im missing the show 2nd time round! Stupid school!... I was hopin the show could close AFTER 1/2 term!
All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings
DeathStar
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Anyone seen On The Town???#4
Posted: 5/22/07 at 12:00pm
Why don't the ENO transfer it to a commercial house? rather than keep bringing back?

Do we think there would be a commercial market for this?
Paulyd Profile PhotoPaulyd Profile Photo
Paulyd
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Anyone seen On The Town???#5
Posted: 5/22/07 at 2:30pm
When you see the scale of the production, you'll realise why. This is a great show. Anyone know if the recording rumour is true. Apparently this christmas is going to be a DVD bonanza for musicals fans, now if only my boss would put his hands in his pockets and buy the DVD rights to some of them...
rohingit
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Anyone seen On The Town???#6
Posted: 5/22/07 at 6:57pm
Ok well i got standby ticket 20 for the dress circle! so VERY happy with that!
As for the production.....meah its diff to say really, some numbers really stood out! Caroline O'connor was by far the star for me, and this is the first time i have even seen her, but she really was great! i found the Mics annoying as sometimes perople were to lound and others you couldnt hear at all due to the orchestra. What i will say is this...it is SO nice to see a musical the way it was intended! buy this i mean, a full orchestra and not a 5 piece band, interesting sets, at times outstanding choreography, the lighting was a bit off in places but generaly just a big propper ORIGINAL musical, not off the back of a film, or pop group, can we have more of these please!!!
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Anyone seen On The Town???#7
Posted: 5/24/07 at 9:02pm
I love the show--it sounds like ENO's revival works (I haven't read the reviews) which is amazing because none of the New York revivals without Jerome Robbins' original choreography havebeen hits. Who choreographed?

I love how the marketing is SOO blatantly gay oriented re: Anyone seen On The Town???
rohingit
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Anyone seen On The Town???#8
Posted: 5/25/07 at 4:35am
Stephen Mear choreographed, which explains why it looked so good! the final show is tonight and its a gala night for pride.....go figure hehe!
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Anyone seen On The Town???#9
Posted: 5/26/07 at 10:10pm
Yeah I foudna video clip and the choreography/dancing looked wonderful--which really is the key to a successful production

Page: 1