Page: 1

Maggie Smith show a flop?

fflagg Profile Photofflagg Profile Photo
fflagg
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Maggie Smith show a flop?#1
Posted: 5/3/07 at 1:28am
I have heard that Ms. Smith's Albee production is not doing well at the b/o. Why? She is an institution and should be packing them in for the honor of her company.
Do you know what happens when you let Veal Prince Orloff sit in an oven too long?
rohingit Profile Photorohingit Profile Photo
rohingit
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Maggie Smith show a flop?#2
Posted: 5/4/07 at 1:12pm
because its so dull! have not been that bored in a show for so long!
holden Profile Photoholden Profile Photo
holden
Understudy
Understudy
re: Maggie Smith show a flop?#2
Posted: 5/7/07 at 7:43am
I didn't find it dull at all! It is one of the best things (of many) that I have seen this spring.

I feel as though it is getting very little publicity, though. I wonder how many people know that the show is there.
mallardo Profile Photomallardo Profile Photo
mallardo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Maggie Smith show a flop?#3
Posted: 5/12/07 at 6:31am
holden, I agree. I thought it was a wonderful production of an intelligent and intriguing play. The cast is excellent across the board. I'm recommending it to everyone.
Faced with these Loreleis, what man can moralize!
NS
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Maggie Smith show a flop?#4
Posted: 5/14/07 at 9:55am
I saw this Saturday, it wasnt great. The first half felt so long, even though it was only 40 mins! Its not a patch on 'Whos Afraid Virginia Woolf'. For a Saturday night the theatre was quiet. The problem is its very hard to care about any of the characters, and it asks more questions than it answers, I just left thinking, whats the point? In Act 2 once Maggie Smith arrives the play transforms, she is an incredable presence and lifts the play. Worth only seeing for her in my view, and not worth the 50 I paid out (that was before it had opened). good set and great acting by catherine MacCormack and the guy who played Maggie smiths character 'friend'

I also saw Equus which was an altogether better experience. An amazing piece of theatre.
mallardo Profile Photomallardo Profile Photo
mallardo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Maggie Smith show a flop?#5
Posted: 5/15/07 at 8:51am
I paid half price at the Tckts booth - maybe that's why I enjoyed it more, LOL.
Faced with these Loreleis, what man can moralize!