Page: 1

BLOOD BROTHERS new cast

zerodanny Profile Photozerodanny Profile Photo
zerodanny
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
BLOOD BROTHERS new cast#1
Posted: 4/14/07 at 12:51pm
Has anyone seen the new cast in action yet? was wondering how good the new Mrs J is, seen the show on tour 3 times this week and Linda Nolan was amazing, after all she has gone through she belts them out like theres no tomorrow. Although my fave has to be Lyn Paul!! hoping to see it again in London soon!
**Anything Can Happen If You Let It** SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS
Mart isn't easy Profile PhotoMart isn't easy Profile Photo
Mart isn't easy
Swing
Swing
re: BLOOD BROTHERS new cast#2
Posted: 4/18/07 at 7:27pm
I hope to see it at some point, I love the show . . . but I also love the Forbidden Broadway pisstake. Heard that?
Tonight the world is just an address
All_For_Laura Profile PhotoAll_For_Laura Profile Photo
All_For_Laura
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: BLOOD BROTHERS new cast#2
Posted: 4/18/07 at 8:23pm
Who is in the new cast. I have seen Maureen Nolan do a terrific job twice.
...What happened next, was stranger still, a woman breathless and afraid, appeared out of the night, completely dressed in white. She had a secret she would tell, of one who had mistreated her. Her face and frightened gaze, my mind cannot erase...But then she ran from view. She looked so much like you...
AngusN
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: BLOOD BROTHERS new cast#3
Posted: 5/1/07 at 2:49pm
I saw Linda last week and she was dreadful. Her accent is still terrible, after years and years of performance. Her vocals were weak and her diction incredibly poor. As if that wasn't bad enough, her acting was very unconvincing. My Year 11 Drama pupils were really shocked by her overall performance, it was very poor.
Bring back Bernie.
zerodanny
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: BLOOD BROTHERS new cast#4
Posted: 5/6/07 at 12:40am
WOW!!!
I am shocked you did not enjoy Linda's performance, I have to say she is not the best Mrs J I have seen but over all I did not think she gave a bad performance...although I agree the accent is not great I found her singing voice very good like I said before she was beltin' them out!!

I wish Lyn Paul would play Mrs J gain, she is Fabulous!!!
turquoisefish Profile Phototurquoisefish Profile Photo
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: BLOOD BROTHERS new cast#5
Posted: 5/6/07 at 6:51am
I saw the tour of Blood Brothers last week and have to say the whole cast was amazing, especially Linda Nolan. I can't imagine having to give that performance, a very emotional one, 8 times a week.
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: BLOOD BROTHERS new cast#6
Posted: 6/21/07 at 6:44pm
Just saw the tour this evening. I am SO PLEASED they got a new narrator! I swear, the three times before this one has had this guy with the most terrible enunciation, it was driving me up the WALL! But the new one? You can actually understand what he's saying! Marvellous!

The thing I love about this show is how it encompasses all aspects of life. Now that I'm a "grown up" and I work for a living and live independently and stuffs, I empathise with adult Mickey's struggles so much more, whereas when I first saw the show, I was very much younger and didn't so much care. I can only imagine the different viewpoint a mother would get seeing the show.

I'd really like tour houses to do Student-Free nights though. My friends and I sat in two different places (cheap day tickets :3) and both groups of us were plagued by irritating teenagers who found it appropriate to go "oh my heart!" for about five solid minutes after something noisy like, say, THE MUSIC STARTING. Rubbish! I usually stay and applaud the band after musicals, but I had to leave as soon as the cast left the stage finally because I didn't want to lose my temper and slap the silly slags in front of me. Bahhh. XP
Wicked63
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: BLOOD BROTHERS new cast#7
Posted: 6/22/07 at 6:02am
A friend of mine saw it Bristol a few months back who had never seen it but said he thought it was very lack lusture. With new cast now maybe its a bit tighter. I was watching the Burt Bacarach Tribute concert DVD last night and Petula Clark was on there doing 4 or 5 numbers (incredible concert-if you havent seen it) and i was
wondering what she was like as Mrs Johnsone? Sounds great on the CD.
Updated On: 6/22/07 at 06:02 AM
Wicked63
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: BLOOD BROTHERS new cast#8
Posted: 6/22/07 at 6:15am
Ive lost count how many times ive seen BB since i saw the original show at the 2nd preview with Barbra Dickson at the Lyric Shaftesbury Ave back in the early 80s! Its gotta be at least 20 times AND every time i blub like its the first time. The movie will be very interesting when it arrives.
Updated On: 6/22/07 at 06:15 AM
zerodanny
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: BLOOD BROTHERS new cast#9
Posted: 6/26/07 at 9:43pm
Does anyone know what Mark Hutchison is doing at the moment? saw him many times playing Eddie and loved him every time!! would be nice to see him maybe on tour.
RadioFan
Understudy
Understudy
re: BLOOD BROTHERS new cast#10
Posted: 6/27/07 at 10:48am
I saw Linda Nolan in Blood Brothers 2 years ago at The Sunderland Empire (before she was taken ill)and she was poor to say the least.
In fact the whole production was poor, including a narrator you couldn't understand.
Long before Tell Me Its Not True, I was ready to kill the twins myself just to end the show.
Anon2 Profile PhotoAnon2 Profile Photo
Anon2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: BLOOD BROTHERS new cast#11
Posted: 6/28/07 at 2:59pm
Just finished BB on Saturday and i can now enjoy a great 6 weeks UNPAID time off till i start Dr D - the joy - and IMO Lindas performance is much better than what it was and thank god we have a new narrator!
**You Can't Beat A Matcham!**
Updated On: 6/28/07 at 02:59 PM
Wicked63
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: BLOOD BROTHERS new cast#12
Posted: 6/28/07 at 3:18pm
Nobody mentions Stephanie Lwrence! I saw her on a Thurs day Matinee and she was amazing as always but a few days later the demon drink had taken one of Britains greatest musical theatre stars! Boy did she give a show on that matinee as she had done for many times in this production. I miss Steph.