Page: 1

Prince Edward Theater Tour

zerodanny Profile Photozerodanny Profile Photo
zerodanny
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Prince Edward Theater Tour#1
Posted: 4/3/07 at 12:05pm
Does anyone know what goes on on a theatre tour? Do they take you Backstage? and how long does it last ? Can you take photos?

Thinking of going Thursday before the matinee!
**Anything Can Happen If You Let It** SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS
Updated On: 4/3/07 at 12:05 PM
MH2 Profile PhotoMH2 Profile Photo
MH2
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Prince Edward Theater Tour#2
Posted: 4/3/07 at 2:34pm
I did the tour last autumn, really liked it - it took about 50 minutes. The girl who did the tour showed us around the auditorium, from the grand circle to the stalls telling us about the history of the theatre and its past and current shows incl. pointing out little things I had never noticed in the theatre despite having been to it so many times - when we got to the stalls, the weekly technical rehearsal was going on, props, lighting etc was checked, so we got to see that which was the most interesting part for me of the tour. We went briefly backstage but just to the quick change area and got to see some of the costumes. Not sure whether you were allowed to take pictures, none of us did - but I did the Prince of Wales tour as well the same week, and was allowed to take some pictures then.
zerodanny Profile Photozerodanny Profile Photo
zerodanny
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Prince Edward Theater Tour#2
Posted: 4/4/07 at 3:51am
Thanks MH2! :)
**Anything Can Happen If You Let It** SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS
Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Prince Edward Theater Tour#3
Posted: 4/4/07 at 9:44am
The tour of the National Theatre is interesting - and great value with three theatres in one trip! No pictures allowed on that one though...

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."

Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Prince Edward Theater Tour#4
Posted: 4/4/07 at 12:10pm
Slightly off topic but -

Anyone know what the backstage tours are like at the Duke of Yorks and the Prince of Wales's?

Also, does the Noel Coward/Palladium do them?
Updated On: 4/4/07 at 12:10 PM
MH2 Profile PhotoMH2 Profile Photo
MH2
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Prince Edward Theater Tour#5
Posted: 4/4/07 at 12:43pm
The Prince of Wales theatre tour is similar to the Prince Edward tour - it is NOT a backstage tour - all you get to see of the backstage area is the quick change area (we were allowed to pictures there of the costumes) - I did the tour the day after the Prince Edward tour, and though it was interesting, I would have loved it if it would be timed with some technical rehearsal etc as well - they might do it now though, as I suggested it to the girl who did the tour (as had told her about the PE tour) and she was to give the feedback to her manager.