Page: 1

coming to the west end for the first time

loveplays
Understudy
Understudy
hello all in london I will be in london for the first time in april for my little sisters wedding. I have tickets to billy elliott, how big is the theater? I have tickets in the 3rd row 2nd balcony. Also what else should I see in London? Is Dirty Dancing any good? I saw one of the actors in the show Tee Jay is from my home town of Canton, Ohio. I'm really looking forward to my trip. Thanks all
purpleprince101 Profile Photopurpleprince101 Profile Photo
purpleprince101
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I would catch:

Evita- if you are there before it closes
mary poppins
wicked
porgy and bess
guys and dolls
sound of music
murron Profile Photomurron Profile Photo
murron
Stand-by
Stand-by
Go see Mary Poppins with the wonderful Lisa O'Hare before she leaves in May!
zerodanny Profile Photozerodanny Profile Photo
zerodanny
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Mary Poppins before Lisa leaves I totally agree murron, Her Mary is very special!!
**Anything Can Happen If You Let It** SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS
ThePrinceOfHumbug
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
When in May is she scheduled to leave?
Talk Hard. Steal the Air. H.H.H.
lamigon1992
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
But please whatever you do do not see dirty dancing, you will be absolutely dissapointed and will leave the theatre demanding your money back, dont waste your time with that, but i would go see We Will Rock You, just cause its such a great experience and it closes in october!
murron Profile Photomurron Profile Photo
murron
Stand-by
Stand-by
I read somewhere that either on the 16th or the 19th
loveplays
Understudy
Understudy
thank you for all who responded, especially lamigon 1992. or your note I will avoid Dirty Dancing. I'm still curious about the size of the theater that Billy eliott is playing in. Is it a big theater? I'm use to the theaters in NYC that are small. I will admit that I am going to see Les Mis. I got a 3rd row seat. I have seen it six times before all on tour here in the US. It will be different seeing John Owen-Jones playing jean valeign. I have only seen Randall Keith, who I adore. He is brillant and a super nice guy on top of that. Thanks again for all who responded, cheers
Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
To my mind the theatre seems quite large, though the capacity is around 1500 seats (think I got the number right this time!) which is high-averageish for a musical house.

If you want to know more about the show and theatre, take a look at theatre monkey:

http://www.theatremonkey.com/VICTORIAPALACEbooking.htm#stalls

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."

Updated On: 3/8/07 at 04:26 AM