Who Are You?

Sammy2 Profile PhotoSammy2 Profile Photo
Sammy2
Swing
Swing
Who Are You?#1
Posted: 1/20/07 at 11:15am
I'm curious to know what sorts of people are posting here. It's obviously a mix of people in the industry and fans, most from the UK and US, and some from elsewhere.

I'm a FAN from NEW YORK. I travel to London about once a year to see West End musicals and plays.

Who are you?
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Who Are You?#2
Posted: 1/20/07 at 12:38pm
Im a 16 year old student from up north Uk who has been to London 3 times and is hopefully going to do music theatre in college next year.
turquoisefish Profile Phototurquoisefish Profile Photo
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Who Are You?#2
Posted: 1/20/07 at 1:55pm
I am a Student living in Hampshire, England with a crippling addiction to theatre, especially musicals. I have seen Wicked 7 times already! Luckily I live near the Mayflower theatre in Southampton, so get to see quite a few shows without having to go to London.
Immortal Longings
Swing
Swing
re: Who Are You?#3
Posted: 1/20/07 at 2:15pm
I'm a fan and professional in training.

I've been going to the theatre regularly since I was ten years old, and am now training to be a stage manager at drama school in London.
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Who Are You?#4
Posted: 1/20/07 at 3:14pm
I'm a 23 year old female fan based in the UK. I work in a bookshop and spend most of my wages on cast recordings and tickets. I also take advantage of my job to order in many scripts and related books and purchase them at a lovely discount. :3

I actually live in the West Country, but it's only an hour and a half by train to London, plus I have friends who live there (with a sofa for me to kip on ^_^), so whenever I can, I head in for shows. I also think nothing of seeing two productions in one day. I only really started visiting London for productions this summer just gone, but I saw fifteen different productions in 2006 (and a couple of 'em twice) and I've already done two this year and have tickets for another six and plans for at least another five, not including a forthcoming trip to New York. (I also really enjoy writing personal profiles. re: Who Are You?)

It's a good job I don't eat much or have much of a social life. :3
Updated On: 1/20/07 at 03:14 PM
Musical_Fan_Vix
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: Who Are You?#5
Posted: 1/20/07 at 4:21pm
i'm a 23 year old who works as an adminstator for Zurich, in there Headoffice in Swindon.

Have been a fan of musical theatre for a few years - but have only been going to the theatre since 2004.

I've seen Saturday Night Fever, Chicago, Chitty Chitty, Mary Poppins, The Lion King, Footloose, Movin Out, We Will Rock You and Evita

on tour: Saturday night fever, footloose, cats, rocky horror, starlight express, love shack, my fair lady, Guys and dolls, mamma mia, and me and my girl
turquoisefish Profile Phototurquoisefish Profile Photo
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Who Are You?#6
Posted: 1/20/07 at 4:43pm
Ok, if we're gonna list what I've seen:
West End
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor® Dreamcoat, Phantom of the Opera, Blood Brothers (x2), The Woman in White (x3), Les Miserables, Evita, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Whistle Down The Wind (x2), Spamalot, Saturday Night Fever, Rocky Horror Show, Blue Man Group, Avenue Q (x2), Wicked (x7!)
On Tour
Jesus Christ Superstar (x2), Joseph (x4), Miss Saigon (x3), Rocky Horror Show, Les Miserables, My Fair Lady, Beauty and the Beast, White Christmas The Musical, Santa Claus The Musical (!), Grease, Starlight Expres (x2)
I am sure i have forgotton some, I hope my bank manager doesn't see this
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Who Are You?#7
Posted: 1/20/07 at 5:03pm
We're listing? re: Who Are You? Prior to 2006, it's all a bit of a blur; I saw 'Joseph And The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat' three times in the West End (Jason Donovan, Philip Schofield, Stephen Gately), 'Blood Brothers' COUNTLESS times in at least four different theatres, 'Phantom Of The Opera' in Manchester, 'Mary Poppins' in Bristol, and in New York I've seen 'Rent' twice, and 'Aida', and 'Wicked'. I've also seen many assorted AmDram stuffs, a variety of pantomimes, and other things that I don't really remember. Plus I've been in rather a few shows, my particular favourites being 'Oklahoma!', 'Godspell', 'Pirates Of Penzance', and 'Oliver!'.

Then we hit 2006 and onwards!

London: 'Sunday In The Park With George', 'The Woman In Black' (twice), 'The Last Five Years' (complete with Jason Robert Brown talkback session re: Who Are You?), 'Les Miserables', 'Evita', 'Billy Elliot', 'Wicked' (three times), 'Guys And Dolls', 'Avenue Q' (twice), 'Metamorphosis', 'The 39 Steps', 'Amadeus', 'Bent', 'Caroline, Or Change', and 'The Mousetrap'.

Not London: 'Amy's View', and 'Outlying Islands'.

I have tickets for 'Jack And The Beanstalk' (Cardiff, starring John Barrowman), 'Porgy And Bess', 'The History Boys', 'Frost/Nixon', 'Follies In Concert', and 'Antony And Cleopatra' (all London). And my parents are taking me to see 'The Lord Of The Rings' for all our birthdays. re: Who Are You?

And I'll stop there, other future plans could go on a bit. O_O
ruthiefan_felix Profile Photoruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Who Are You?#8
Posted: 1/20/07 at 5:53pm
Im Felix, I'm 18. I am Chinese and was born in Hong Kong, I came over to study in North Yorkshire 4 yrs ago. I go down (come up?) to London to watch shows every 1/2 term so that makes 3 times a year.
My female MT favs: Ruthie Henshall, Linzi Hateley, Sally Ann Triplett, Anna Jane Casey...etc
My Male MT favs: Tim Howar, John Barrowman, Ramin Karimloo, Raul Esparza, Gavin Creel
My Fav. Shows: Chicago, Billy Elliot, Avenue Q, Caroline or Change, Mary Poppins, The Producers, Wicked, Spamalot

Shows that I've seen:

London:
As You Like It w/ Sienna Miller (x1)
Avenue Q (x1)
Anything Goes (x2 once w/ Annette as Reno!)
Billy Elliot (x7 including George/Tim's last, James' 1st & 2nd return)
Cabaret (x1)
Chicago (x8 including Ruthie's last night)
Chitty Chitty Band Bang (x1)
Caroline Or Change (x1)
Evita (x1)
Guys & Dolls (x4)
Mary Poppins (x4)
Mack & Mabel (x1)
Spamalot (x1)
Sunday In The Park With George (x1)
Les Miserables (x4)
Lion King (x1)
The Producers (x2 including 1st Ldn preview)
Thoroughly Modern Millie (x1)
Phantom of The Opera (x2)
Tell Me On A Sunday (Final London Perf w/ Marti Webb)
Who's Afraid Of Virginia Woolf (x1)
Woman In White (x2)
Woman In Black (x2)

Cabaret Shows:
Something In Common

Tour:
Jesus Christ Superstar (x1)
Lord Of The Dance (x1)
Sweeney Todd (x1)

Hong Kong:
Joseph..Dreamcoat w/ Linzi Hateley & Darren Day (x1)
Mamma Mia (x3 including last perf)
RENT (x1)
Phantom..Opera (x1)
Wicked (x1)
All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings
Updated On: 1/20/07 at 05:53 PM
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Who Are You?#9
Posted: 1/21/07 at 3:40am
Ill list my shows now too...

On Tour (At the Sunderland Empire)
Joseph
Blood Brothers
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Cats
Chicago
Scrooge - The Musical x2

London -
Blood Brothers
Phantom of the Opera
We Will Rock You x2
Mary Poppins
Avenue Q - x2
Wicked

Going to see in Sunderland this year -
Joseph (Again)
Blood Brothers (Again)
Guys and Dolls
Starlight Express
Footloose
The Producers
42nd Street

Going to see in London this year (If we get down)
Lion King
Avenue Q (Again)
Maybe some more things (Ive been told I get a show in Londo for every grade A/A* I get for my Gcse.
ruthiefan_felix Profile Photoruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Who Are You?#10
Posted: 1/21/07 at 4:43am
REALLY?! Mark_E, GCSEs are P*ss easy!... I got 4A*, 5A & 2B and I only studied for my exams the night before! Anyway, I wish I can be offered a show per A! haha!
All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings
Jenny3 Profile PhotoJenny3 Profile Photo
Jenny3
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Who Are You?#11
Posted: 1/21/07 at 6:35am
I'm 18 and currently on a gap year, working in a small theatre on the outskirts of Birmingham gaining experience in every area possible. I'm moving to London in September to study Stage Management & Technical Theatre at Guildhall School of Music and Drama - cannot wait!!!! Regardless, I'm down in London every few weeks to see one show or another, if i'm lucky.

I'm an absolute musical theatre buff, its my life - i live my own little theatrical bubble and am quite happy there!

songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Who Are You?#12
Posted: 1/21/07 at 10:17am
Ive been working in musicals for years(im 28 now) but due to a knee injury(ouch) ive been out of action for 7 months now.

Im based in good old manchester in the uk

x
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
mrkringas Profile Photomrkringas Profile Photo
mrkringas
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Who Are You?#13
Posted: 1/21/07 at 11:08am
Undergraduate student of politics in Manchester who is a big musical fanatic. From Edinburgh (where i did my first degree) and spent a couple of years attempting to get into RAM, RSAMD GSA etc on postgrad courses before settling on a life in politics...so still theatrical at heart!

Friends in London and visit a lot seeing almost everything and some way too many times for my own good over the years.
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Who Are You?#14
Posted: 1/21/07 at 3:55pm
yeaaaah to the manchester lad
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
WickedForever2 Profile PhotoWickedForever2 Profile Photo
WickedForever2
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Who Are You?#15
Posted: 1/21/07 at 5:25pm
I am a 19 year old student in the US who lives about as far away from NYC as you can get. Luckily, a lot shows come on tour to Seattle, which is about 4 hours away so I see a lot there. I was in London last month and saw Wicked three times with Idina and Billy Elliot also. In the states I have seen Blast!, Les Mis (4 times) and Wicked and I am going to NYC in March to see a bunch of stuff too! Oh, and I'm seeing Rent and Aida in Spokane on tour.
Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Who Are You?#16
Posted: 1/22/07 at 8:22am
I'm 24 years old, working in both the civil service and a bookshop (just in case one job gets too boring!) in Bristol. Apart from a bunch of stuff locally (most tours and Bristol Old Vic productions) I've seen:

Phantom, Les Mis, Miss Saigon, Martin Guerre, Moby Dick, Last Five Years, Little Shop of Horrors, Tick tick boom, Sunday in the park with George, Witches of Eastwick, Our House, The Play what I wrote, Festen, The Big Life, Who's afriad of Virginia Woolf, Cabaret, Company, Sweeney Todd, Wicked, Spamalot, We Will Rock You, Spend Spend Spend, La Cava, Napoleon, Just So, Guys and Dolls, Romeo and Juliet, Notre Dame de Paris, The Beautiful Game, Evita, Bat Boy, Peggy Sue Got Married, The Woman in White, Frost/Nixon, Zipp!, Behind the Iron Mask, Full Monty, Grease, The Mousetrap, Thoroughly Modern Mille, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Acorn Antiques, Into the Woods, Blood Brothers, The Secret Garden, Chicago, Fame, Cats, Starlight Express, The Producers, My Fair Lady, The Woman in Black, The 39 Steps, Daisy Pulls it Off, Feelgood, Blithe Spirit, The Anniversary, Ghosts, Avenue Q, Taming of the Shrew, Romeo & Juliet, A Midsummer Nights Dream, The Fix, Jerry Springer the Opera, Doctor Dolittle, Billy Elliot, Anything Goes, Caroline or Change, A Funny thing happened...Forum, A Little Night Music, His Dark Materials, Esward Scissorhands.

Now you know the real reason I have two jobs... re: Who Are You?

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."

Updated On: 1/22/07 at 08:22 AM
DeathStar
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Who Are You?#17
Posted: 1/22/07 at 9:20am
Fun question!

I'm 32 (I wish I wasn't!), a profesional theatre director and writer. Written 5 plays and directed 32.

I live in London.
zerodanny Profile Photozerodanny Profile Photo
zerodanny
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Who Are You?#18
Posted: 1/22/07 at 9:35am

**Anything Can Happen If You Let It** SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS
Updated On: 1/23/07 at 09:35 AM
princessofpower Profile Photoprincessofpower Profile Photo
princessofpower
Understudy
Understudy
re: Who Are You?#19
Posted: 1/22/07 at 3:39pm
Born and raised in London, I am currently in Las Vegas. I am actually a guy, despite my screen name!!! (It really was the first thing I thought of!!!) I'm in London from time to time and always catch the latest show/s whenever I can!! Of course have been seeing the musicals here in Vegas as they come in....not the same, but I won't complain!!! Check out my profile for my fav shows and performers, and I love the West End Board....you guys are keeping me as up-to-date as it gets....thanks guys!!!
Updated On: 1/22/07 at 03:39 PM
Im_a_QT Profile PhotoIm_a_QT Profile Photo
Im_a_QT
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: Who Are You?#20
Posted: 1/23/07 at 4:00pm
I'm a 24 yo Italian girl who moved to London 6 months ago. I work in retail and all my spare money is spent on theatre tickets. Since September I have seen Wicked x7 (should be 8 by the end of the week), Avenue Q x 10, The Producers, Mary Poppins and Spamalot. I'm seeing WWRY for the first time on Friday.
Jellylorum Profile PhotoJellylorum Profile Photo
Jellylorum
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Who Are You?#21
Posted: 1/25/07 at 3:47pm
I'm an 18 year old college student in the US. I'm not a theatre major (I have little to no talent), but I admire those who are. I love watching theatre, and since New York is about 2000 miles away from me, I mostly see regional productions and tours. I go to New York once every blue moon to see shows that don't tour where I live.
"It's a goddamn beautiful day, shut up!"
Updated On: 1/25/07 at 03:47 PM
NS
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Who Are You?#22
Posted: 1/26/07 at 8:22am
im 26 (just), live near Southampton. currently working in admin for a university although this isnt my lifetime plan. Go to London as much as I can (normally twice a month) plus The Mayflower. My dream job would be marketing for theatre (or travel) and am working on that at the mo.

seen so many shows I couldnt list them all! Love plays and musicals equally.
newsome_ben Profile Photonewsome_ben Profile Photo
newsome_ben
Understudy
Understudy
re: Who Are You?#23
Posted: 1/26/07 at 10:05am
Im 19 and in my final year of training at a college in London, not gonna mention which one.hehe. Starting auditioning for anything and everything next week onwards! so excited!!!

Ben x
"That outbound train, has one less passenger."
tigerlily2
Understudy
Understudy
re: Who Are You?#24
Posted: 1/29/07 at 1:43pm
Hi. I'm a 21 year old Canadian girl living in London. Just finished my masters degree in musical theatre performance at the RSAMD in Glasgow. Was living there up until Nov when i moved to London to be closer to auditions. I was fortunate enough to sign with a good agent in October and have been auditioning for West End shows ever since. Mama Mia, Lord Of The Rings etc... I was one of the UK picks for Tracy Turnblad in Hairspray the Movie back in March last year. (didn't get it though re: Who Are You?. I think it's cause i'm too skinny. It's the only time in my life where i'll get to say that! So I'm going to relish in it lol)

I've only seen Avenue Q so far. All of you put me to shame in the seeing shows department. But I'm just so poor! lol Plan on seeing wicked sometimes in the near future though :)

It's really nice to see where everyone is from and what they're all about :)