Page: 1

Yeeeah just had to say well done to Jenifer Hudson

songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Am soooooooo happy that Jenifer Hudson won best supporting actress at the Golden Globes for Dreamgirls,bring on the oscar(fingers crossed)

For thoose of you here in the UK what have managed to see a copy of this film ,you know how good she is,
For thoose who haven't seen it yet ,rush to the cinema in febuary,she is a STAR in the making.
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Dreamgirls is the number 1 transfer that should have happened- I can't believe we've never had it in London. I am ITCHING for the film release! The trailer looks pure class.
Paulyd Profile PhotoPaulyd Profile Photo
Paulyd
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Well done indeed!!

I managed to see this at a screening last week and was blown away. Jennifer certainly deserved her Golden Globe and i think the Oscar may well be in the bag for her.

songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yeah

the oscar is in the Bag,was thrilled Eddie Murphy won best supporting actor to and the film won best film musical/comedy
Paulyd
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
With Chicago being an exception the oscars are not usually that kind on musicals in recent years. Just look at Evita for example. That should have one a few technical ones in my opinion. I dont think Beyonce will get a nomination though as the competition is too fierce, but i think that Eddie and Jennifer should both win for their performances.
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yeah i agree

But i dont think Hudsons performance can be overlooked,the accademy will know that

I dont think beyonce or eddie will win(or in beyonces case be nominated)

Paulyd
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
You may be right, but if there is going to be any surprises its usually in this category. I think Eddie would be a popular win, but i wouldnt rule out Brad Pritt in scooping it instead.
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The accademy do bug me when it comes to oscars they dont seem to be able to understand the passion and powerfull performance can come through in song.
I think a lot of critics are the same,they just see musicals as a dated format what doesnt say much,thank god dreamgirls reviews have been good.

Hopefully Hairspray and Sweeney will have succesful transfers to the screen now