Page: 1

Lisa O'hare

zerodanny Profile Photozerodanny Profile Photo
zerodanny
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Lisa O'hare#0
Posted: 11/2/06 at 6:29am
if anyone is going to see Mary Poppins when the new Mary(Lisa O'hare) starts on the 4th or 6th of November can you please post some reviews..I am desperate to hear how Lisa does in Mary Poppins as the lead not the U/S.

Many thanks
**Anything Can Happen If You Let It** SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS
Updated On: 11/7/06 at 06:29 AM
MH2 Profile PhotoMH2 Profile Photo
MH2
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Lisa O'hare#1
Posted: 11/2/06 at 9:08am
The new cast starts on the 7th of November, the show on the 6th is cancelled to allow the cast and creatives to tech the new Jolly Holiday number.
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Lisa O'hare#2
Posted: 11/2/06 at 9:17am
I was wondering why there was not going to be a performance on Monday. This is the same change that they did to the Broadway production and could it mean that Temper, Temper may be shortened or will that remain intact.

Also, will they making up the performance during the week if they are not performing on Monday?
nshreeve Profile Photonshreeve Profile Photo
nshreeve
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Lisa O'hare#3
Posted: 11/16/06 at 4:59pm
Has anyone seen her yet?

zerodanny
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Lisa O'hare#4
Posted: 11/16/06 at 5:55pm
Going next friday I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! I have noticed a few changes from the Preview clip of MARY POPPINS Broaday...like Ashley Brown wears the "step in time" red coat for "Chim chimeny" 1st act finale...and also a few changes to the coreography of "SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS".
I really hope the changes have not Spoiled the show!
I am sure the new cast is FAB!
Nightowl
Swing
Swing
re: Lisa O'hare#5
Posted: 11/16/06 at 9:47pm
Personally I was very disappointed with the changes to both cast and show! I've seen the show 6 times now. Once with LMK, 3 times with Scarlett, once with Rebecca Locke and 2 days ago with Lisa O Hare. For me Lisa O Hare just isn't Mary Poppins, although her singing voice is excellent she just doesn't portray the character in the same way LMK or Scarlett did. Additionally I felt some of other characters were poor in comparision to their predecessors. As for the changes!!! (Again this is just my opinion) I don't think they improve the show in any way. Jolly Holiday has gone slighty 'Tacky' and 'Anything Can Happen' was just fine as it was. All in all I was quite upset, although Mary Poppins is still my favourite musical I think it was a mistake to change the show. Bring back Scarlett Strallen!!!!!
ThankstoPhantom
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Lisa O'hare#6
Posted: 11/16/06 at 11:05pm
Oh, they added the big umbrella to London's "Anything Can Happen"? Well...I do agree, it is a bit unnecessary.
How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...
Updated On: 11/22/06 at 11:05 PM
zerodanny
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Lisa O'hare#7
Posted: 11/17/06 at 3:56am
I keep saying the same thing!!
Jenny3 Profile PhotoJenny3 Profile Photo
Jenny3
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Lisa O'hare#8
Posted: 11/17/06 at 6:08am
Ok i havent seen Lisa yet but i'm all for the statement of 'bring back Scarlett Strallen'! Couldnt hold onto her forever though unfortunately. Things move on, i'm just hoping all the changes etc havent spoilt what they had.
MH2 Profile PhotoMH2 Profile Photo
MH2
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Lisa O'hare#9
Posted: 11/17/06 at 7:06am
Finally got to see Lisa yesterday afternoon - and she was as brilliant as I remembered her!
Amazing voice, great acting - just needs to work slightly on her facial impressions but she plays Mary with so much heart and love, but still being stern at the same time. She was definitely my highlight yesterday, she is so light-hearted (not sure about some of the changes, JH is for me too colourful, reminds me of too much candy pop thrown in and the way they get into "Super..." is just a no-no, I want the market scene as in the original cast back, but the changes to "Anything can happen" are wonderful, prefer them to how it used to be done)!