Page: 1

Theatre Museum

DeathStar
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Theatre Museum#0
Posted: 9/25/06 at 8:58am
Theatre Museum Closes as ROH Partnership Fails

Theatre Museum Covent Gardenís Theatre Museum - which has been under threat of closure since Heritage Lottery Fund turned down two grant applications from the Victoria and Albert Museum for redevelopment - is likely to close in January after plans to join forces with the Royal Opera House have fallen through (See News, 19 May 2006).

THIS CLOSURE HAS TO BE STOPPED. THE MUSEUM IS A VALUABLE ASSET - Any ideas on how to do it??

d.s.
NS
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Theatre Museum#1
Posted: 9/25/06 at 9:31am
CM, ALW, BK and other big producers should invest in it. Theatre ia a major part of London, and it desrevs to have a museum!
GuyfromGermany Profile PhotoGuyfromGermany Profile Photo
GuyfromGermany
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Theatre Museum#2
Posted: 9/25/06 at 12:00pm
That's awful news!
It's such a wonderful and cute museum...
In the real world the only people who burst into song are the hopelessly deranged...
DeathStar
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Theatre Museum#3
Posted: 9/26/06 at 5:02am
I agree - these producers should step in... I think that is the answer. Andrew Lloyd Webber, Cameron Mackinotsh, Bill Kenwright etc. all have the ability to pull this off together and the interest to make ita great success.

The Theatre Museum has such great things in it - most weren't on show, sadly - but it would be a shame to loose this collection and especially acess for the public.

D.S.
figgy1978
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: Theatre Museum#4
Posted: 9/26/06 at 8:27am
Thinking of going this weekend. What kind of things are on show there?
ruthiefan_felix Profile Photoruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Theatre Museum#5
Posted: 9/29/06 at 11:05am
Paul Spicer and Clare Foster is having a show there called 'Something In Common' durin 22nd n 23rd Oct I believe... I hope to watch it!
All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings
pattifan2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Theatre Museum#6
Posted: 9/30/06 at 5:30am
Very sad news. This is such a special place and I agree with earlier comments that it would be in everyone's interest if the 'Big Three' stepped in.
...fragment of the day...