Page: 1

ENCHANTED the OTHER musical

EnchantedTim
Swing
Swing
ENCHANTED the OTHER musical#0
Posted: 4/6/06 at 2:35pm
Hi - spotted a few messages on here about a musical called Enchanted, and would love to find out more... because I'm the co-writer of a different musical called Enchanted, which is premiering this summer. Our site is at www.enchantedthemusical.co.uk if you're interested in finding out about our show (this site is fully up and running).

Someone mentioned having seen the other Enchanted, and I'd love to find out more about it - isn't it weird having two shows with the same title about to open within a month of each other?

For those who are interested in our show, it tells the story of Arthur, Guinevere and Lancelot in a direct and refreshing way. The musical style is part orchestral, part rock, and has been compared to Jesus Christ Superstar and Rent in terms of style. There are audio extracts on the website for those that want to take a listen. We've been working on the show for a long time now (over 10 years since the original concept), and we've had very favourable comments from our original demo recordings.

We will be advertising auditions for the premiere in the very near future (ie within a week or so) in the Stage, PCR etc - look out for it if you're interested in being a part of the show.

And if anyone from the other Enchanted production is reading this, please send us some details - it would be really fascinating to hear about your show.

Cheers,

Tim
Leanne_Jones Profile PhotoLeanne_Jones Profile Photo
Leanne_Jones
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: ENCHANTED the OTHER musical#1
Posted: 4/6/06 at 6:37pm
Hi Tim,

How strange? Where will your show be performed? I'm just about to graduate from mountview and would love to come and audition for the show. I will keep my eyes peeled on The Stage.co.uk.
Look forward to hearing more from the OTHER enchanted!
Leanne
EnchantedTim
Swing
Swing
re: ENCHANTED the OTHER musical#2
Posted: 4/6/06 at 6:58pm
The premiere of Enchanted will be an open-air performance in Pontefract Valley Gardens, West Yorkshire, in July 2006. Keep a look out in the Stage, hopefully next week, for details of auditions. We'd love for you to apply!
madam rose
Swing
Swing
re: ENCHANTED the OTHER musical#3
Posted: 4/7/06 at 7:00pm
Regarding the 'London Enchanted'

hey, yeah i saw a workshop of the production and its brilliant i really loved it. You can contact the team of the other enchanted (lol) at www.enchantedthemusical.com they have recentkly set up a forum and i emailed them. They said there currently doing a shoot for press pictures etc and hopfully a fuller site will be up soon. You can contact them on there.

The musical is all about how there are two worlds the natural and the supernatural and you have a counterpart in each world (i think theyre going for a fun play on the wizard of oz thing)

i cant remember all the names and stuff but basically a prince from the supernatural world gets swapped over with his counterpart in our world who is a soap opera actor. theres a prophecy that basically says that a hero and a great queen from the natural (real) world will save him......its a struggling writer and his gay roomate (great queen) who fufill the prophecy!

The show centres around them as they set out through the kingdom.

There are loads of cool characters along the way ( a disembodied head for one!)

Its very very funny
ullabelt
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: ENCHANTED the OTHER musical#4
Posted: 4/9/06 at 6:44am
does anyone know when tickets go on sale for the covent garden enchanted?