We Will Rock You#0
Posted: 11/19/03 at 5:09pm
Any We Will Rock You fan here?
JakeB
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: We Will Rock You#1
Posted: 11/19/03 at 5:21pm
No. We Will Rock You is without a doubt the worst show in London.

Pick a line from the script at random:

Scaramouche: What, a couple of state-of-the-art micro-transceivers? No way, I'll just activate the maximum negativity spectrum.

Meat: Dreamer! Follow us! Bohemians, give him your power! Make your last thoughts the Dream!

Killer Queen: Need I remind you, that as well as being businesswoman of the year, I am also dynamite with a laser beam!

Every single line from WWRY is as dire as the next.
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: We Will Rock You#2
Posted: 11/19/03 at 11:36pm
Gotta love the score, though!
CCM '10!
tristarr32
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: re: re: We Will Rock You#3
Posted: 12/3/03 at 11:17am
hmmmm, well I thought I was a fine until I read those "award winning" lines. Just because it's a musical doesn't mean that the script can suck :c) But it is the music of Queen so I'd have to say, "Yes, I am a fan!"

::sigh:: poor Freddie, I miss him. :*(
"I know my voice was just a whisper, but someone must have heard..." -Gold
macbeth Profile Photomacbeth Profile Photo
macbeth
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: re: re: re: We Will Rock You#4
Posted: 12/9/03 at 10:19am
Should this bomb, we'll hopefully start to see the end (for a while at least) of catalogue shows making the rounds. Except for Elvis.
zoran912 Profile Photozoran912 Profile Photo
zoran912
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: We Will Rock You#5
Posted: 6/11/04 at 6:55pm
I hated Jailhouse Rock
Br Profile PhotoBr Profile Photo
Br
Swing
Swing
re: re: re: re: We Will Rock You#6
Posted: 6/13/04 at 5:39am
The thing about we will rock you is, if you see it with an open mind you will love it. If you see it thinking it will be rubbish, it will be. You need to get over the fact that the book isnt that good and start having fun, which is what it's all about.
zoran912
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: We Will Rock You#7
Posted: 6/15/04 at 8:10pm
I loved WWRY! It was absolutely amazing. I saw it on a school trip to London. I was blown away by the vocals. I'm surprised that the roof was still there.

I have to say that I went in knowing nothing about the show. I had no idea what the story was or anything. I wasn't even that familiar with Queen. I left the theatre enraptured with Queen.

Does anyone else find it odd that the new "Killer Queen" is white? Is she anywhere near as fantastic as Sharon D. Clarke?
jgph
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: re: re: re: We Will Rock You#8
Posted: 6/16/04 at 4:19am
mazz has been sharons first understudy ever since the show began, and having seen her, she is amazing- the voice of a black soul singer in a white womans body! lol. she fab, incredible, and works very well with clive as khashoggi- seriously though, she is amazingre: re: re: re: We Will Rock You
zoran912
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: We Will Rock You#9
Posted: 6/16/04 at 8:01pm
That's good. I'm sure she is amazing. It would be interesting to hear her. I can't make it out to London again. I just went in April.
POLisPOL Profile PhotoPOLisPOL Profile Photo
POLisPOL
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: We Will Rock You#10
Posted: 6/25/04 at 1:41pm
I liked WWRY in london, but I enjoyed most with the spanish version in madrid...
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!
G2
Swing
Swing
re: re: re: re: We Will Rock You#11
Posted: 7/7/04 at 6:35am
Yep, the script is unbelievably awful (yet, so are the books for all Biog musicals, Mamma Mia, Tonight's The Night, Our House, Saturday Night Fever etc). But it remains a fun show, as the songs are brilliant and very well arranged, and the cast that I saw was very good indeed.
They'll have to change the script quite a bit for Las Vegas though, as it's got lots of Brit culture references at the moment.
SpookyGal
Swing
Swing
re: re: re: re: We Will Rock You#12
Posted: 7/7/04 at 12:45pm
Apparently they've cut some songs as well for Las Vegas.
G2
Swing
Swing
re: re: re: re: We Will Rock You#13
Posted: 7/8/04 at 5:41am
shame that they cut songs. but i've heard tony vincent is doing it in vegas too - or at least splitting the 10 performances. he was good in london. does anyone know the rest of the casting?
Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: We Will Rock You#14
Posted: 7/8/04 at 5:46am
Yep, I've heard that Vegas will be a much shorter show. As the plot make very little sense at the moment, I can't think it'll harm the show dramatically . . .

Just one exception to what G2 said - I found the book to Our House to be excellent. It was the one catalogue musical that actually sounded as though the songs had been written for the show rather than the other way round (WWRY, Tonights the Night, Mamma Mia etc). It didn't win the Olivier for nothing . . . re: re: re: re: We Will Rock You

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."