Page: 1

Wicked

Wicked#0
Posted: 8/3/04 at 4:48am
Wicked is amazing!! Would love to see it.
G Profile PhotoG Profile Photo
G
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Wicked#1
Posted: 8/3/04 at 8:57am
You haven't seen it, but say it's amazing??
InTheMoney Profile PhotoInTheMoney Profile Photo
InTheMoney
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Wicked#2
Posted: 8/4/04 at 6:38am
I'm assuming Elphie3 has heard the cd.

I must say I love the songs, but they're quite a bit more 'poppy' than I'm used to (I usually listen to the '80s & '90s style musicals like Phantom, Les Mis, Martin Guerre etc) so would be interested to see how they work onstage.
NDS34111
Swing
Swing
re: Wicked#3
Posted: 8/4/04 at 9:31am
The soundtrack does not do the show justice. Although most of the songs are included on the OBC recording, seeing it on stage just gives the music and lyrics so much more meaning and style.
Elphaba3 Profile PhotoElphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Wicked#4
Posted: 10/9/04 at 5:31pm
Idina Menzel Rules! Kristen Chenoweth is amazing but on the OBC recording she sounds soo annoying sometimes!
Wicked Witch of the West
FosseBoi
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Wicked#5
Posted: 10/9/04 at 8:23pm
Idina is GOD!!!!! Yes, the show is AMAZING. There's no word to describe it! Unlike Avenue Q!(Funny but NOTHING COMPARED TO WICKED!!!!)
"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line
Sant
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Wicked#6
Posted: 10/23/04 at 7:00am
Yes, the show is amazing!! Definitely one of the best shows I've ever seen. The recording is good, but seeing it all on stage is a totally different experience - already because there's so much more to the numbers than the music itself, a lot of dialogue, like in POPULAR, which is one of the funniest numbers I know. And not forgetting DEFYING GRAVITY, it's longer on stage (on cd, the dialogue has been cut)and simply astonishing!!! When Elphaba starts that final verse 'So if you care to find me...' what's happening on stage is brilliant!!!