Page: 1

DEH at the Noel Coward

RaisedOnMusicals Profile PhotoRaisedOnMusicals Profile Photo
RaisedOnMusicals
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
DEH at the Noel Coward#1
Posted: 11/8/19 at 10:09pm

So previews aren’t underway, and it opens in less than two weeks. Is there any buzz about the show? Has anyone seen it, and if so, how’s the cast?

CZJ at opening night party for A Little Night Music, Dec 13, 2009.
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
DEH at the Noel Coward#2
Posted: 11/11/19 at 8:31am

First few months are already very well sold!

I saw the show Thursday. Sam Tutty as Evan is just outstanding. I've seen several other Evans including Ben Platt and honestly I'd say Sam is as good as Ben.

Lauren Ward is a highlight of the supporting cast. I was not a fan of Rebecca Mckinnis as Heidi, she lacked any warmth. The other characters played pretty much the same as I've seen them before.

Back again Tuesday!

GreenKakapo Profile PhotoGreenKakapo Profile Photo
GreenKakapo
Swing
Swing
DEH at the Noel Coward#3
Posted: 11/15/19 at 8:14am

I saw it in previews the other day and really enjoyed it! Sam Tutty is really great as Evan (I haven't seen the production before so have no comparrison other than videos of Ben Platt performing).

I was maybe slightly disappointed though - maybe just because it was so hyped up from the Broadway version that is hard to live up to expectations. I'm sure it will still do really well though - although I'm not sure if it will be a show that huge with the general public or more just popular with musical lovers seeing it again - but maybe they'll have more of a push with TV performances etc after press night!

ModernMillie3 Profile PhotoModernMillie3 Profile Photo
ModernMillie3
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
DEH at the Noel Coward#4
Posted: 11/15/19 at 1:16pm
It's a great show, I hope it does well over there.
Why not cancel the revival of West Side Story and give The Music Man the beauty that is The Broadway. Hugh Jackman and Sutton Foster are worth more than a sexual predator and a bullshit revival.
MrsSallyAdams Profile PhotoMrsSallyAdams Profile Photo
MrsSallyAdams
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
DEH at the Noel Coward#5
Posted: 11/20/19 at 9:07am

It's nice to see some praise for the book, staging and score. My primary memory of the NY reviews was the praise deservedly heaped on Ben Platt. It really is a star launching vehicle, isn't it? The show lives or dies on the central performance and has the potential to launch interesting careers. Even the Guardian's mixed review, which points out the second act book weaknesses, appreciates Sam Tutty.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Review-Roundup-DEAR-EVAN-HANSEN-Opens-On-The-West-End--Read-The-Reviews-20191119

Guardian: Making his West End debut, he captures Evan’s loneliness through an array of nervy smiles and hesitant gestures, and suggests his whole body could disintegrate at any moment: paradoxically, he conveys a lack of certainty with complete technical assurance and, when it comes to his solo numbers, proves he can really sing.

threepanelmusicals.blogspot.com
ukpuppetboy Profile Photoukpuppetboy Profile Photo
ukpuppetboy
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
DEH at the Noel Coward#6
Posted: 12/3/19 at 5:48pm

The whole cast appeared on BBC’s The One Show last week to perform:

You Will Be Found - OLC

SouthernCakes
Broadway Star
Broadway Star