Page: 1

Rock of Ages @ Shaftesbury?

Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Rock of Ages @ Shaftesbury?#1
Posted: 1/28/11 at 8:56am
Someone over at Whatsonstage posted Rock of Ages would be coming to the Shaftesbury. Normally I would be very dubious without a source but found a listing on a Website which indicated it will go on sale soon at the Shaftesbury. They are consistent with all other show information.

http://www.bmyconcierge.com/Theatre-Tickets/Musicals/item/rock-of-ages-tickets-716.htm

"Smash Hit Broadway Show Rock Of Ages Is Set To Take London By Storm In 2011!

The hit show Rock of Ages is set to open in London at the Shaftesbury Theatre in September 2011 after wowing audiences on Broadway. Tickets for the show are set to be the hottest property in the west end and very much in demand

It's 1987 on the Sunset Strip, where a small town girl met a big city rocker and in Los Angeles' most famous rock club, they fell in love to the greatest anthems of the 1980s. This is ROCK OF AGES, an arena-rock love story told through the mind-blowing, face-melting mega hits of JOURNEY, NIGHT RANGER, STYX, REO SPEEDWAGON, PAT BENATAR, WHITESNAKE, TWISTED SISTER, POISON, ASIA, and many more. Don't miss this awesomely good time about dreaming big, playing loud and partying on as the rock anthems keep on coming! ROCK OF AGES is set to be the biggest west end hit musical in a long time and is a guaranteed foot tapping night out.

Tickets for ROCK OF AGES go on sale soon so check website regularly for news of prices and availability."
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Rock of Ages @ Shaftesbury?#2
Posted: 1/28/11 at 9:33am
Thank God it's at the Shaftesbury - at least it won't last long. lol
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Rock of Ages @ Shaftesbury?#2
Posted: 1/28/11 at 11:09am
I would of thought the theatre would be a bit too big for this show, it would be a hard sell for 1400 seat venue, thought they would be better off looking at venues, that held 800 - 1000 people.

The rumours seem quite consistent with 'Me and My Girl' coming in, with The Daily Mail's Baz mentioning this, he seems to be quite consistent with his info.

With Rebecca, Maltilda looking for houses, West End real estate is becoming a problem? However I am sure the Noel Coward will be free soon!

Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Rock of Ages @ Shaftesbury?#3
Posted: 1/28/11 at 11:35am
I agree it seems a bit big, the Gielgud would have been absolutely perfect for it. Maybe they are hoping to cash in on what should be a big hit in the Movie theatres's when it is released.
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Rock of Ages @ Shaftesbury?#4
Posted: 1/28/11 at 2:17pm
Remember The west End is already flooded with tribute/jukebox shows. I know I didn't sing this show praises when I saw it in NY, but I had a awful seat, so would like to see this again, more so than 'MDQ' or 'D&P'.

Last year I saw 'Avenue Q' for my Birthday, where usually I had guests with me, probably do the same this year for 'We will Rock You', but might do 'ROA', but doubt it will be open by then, probably nearer Christmas, if it doesn't open this year, then I think it never will.