Page: 1

I Will Miss The Mountains

Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I Will Miss The Mountains#1
Posted: 11/10/10 at 3:31pm
The Tony Award and Pulitzer Prize-winning musical Next to Normal, whose story of an American family in crisis is propelled by a contemporary rock score, will end its Broadway run Jan. 16, 2011

Tom Kitt (music) and Brian Yorkey (book/lyrics) penned the emotional work that puts a woman's lifelong struggle with bi-polar disorder and depression center stage. The two earned the 2009 Tony Award for Best Score and the 2010 Pulitzer Prize for Drama.

Next to Normal arrived on Broadway in March 27, 2009, and officially opened April 15, 2009, at the Booth Theatre following an Off-Broadway run at Second Stage and a regional engagement at the Arena Stage in Washington, D.C. When it closes, Next to Normal will have played 21 previews and 733 performances.
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I Will Miss The Mountains#2
Posted: 11/10/10 at 4:28pm
Putting this into perspective it has had a remarkable run. I bet nobody expected it to run as long as it has.

It is a fabulous show, one of my favourites ever, and I hope more than any other show this makes it over to the West End or the National. Seeing this for the 2nd time front row centre this past summer was just incredible! Loved it so much.
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I Will Miss The Mountains#2
Posted: 11/10/10 at 6:16pm
Loved it all 3 times I've seen it - and really looking forward to seeing it again in 12 days' time. It is a work of pure genius and the show that has affected me emotionally more than any other I've ever seen. And yes, Mark - this show deserves to come across to London more than any other recent New York show.

"Give me pain if that's what's real -
It's the price we pay to feel."
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
Updated On: 11/11/10 at 06:16 PM
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I Will Miss The Mountains#3
Posted: 11/10/10 at 8:51pm
I saw this Off Broadway and it was an incredible show which broke my heart. I remember when it was about to open on Broadway and nearly everyone on the Broadway Board thinking it would be gone after a few months, its done an amazing job, made its money back and made lots of money.

Well done to all involved
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I Will Miss The Mountains#4
Posted: 11/10/10 at 8:57pm
Bla Bla Bla (sick bag please!)
AnythingGoes2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I Will Miss The Mountains#5
Posted: 11/11/10 at 6:56am
Can't say I got the hype for the production!

However - well done to the show, I think lasted longer than anybody would have thought.

I can see this coming to London at the NT next year.
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I Will Miss The Mountains#6
Posted: 1/16/11 at 3:11pm
Oh well by the morning, the Booth Theatre will be dark, as N2N plays its final performance on Broadway.

Just looked at Next to Normal Wiki page and learned that N2N will play Melbourne, Australia for a month only, no show plays Australia without going to the West End, so obviously the delay coming to the West End is we are waiting for Alice to come available!
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I Will Miss The Mountains#7
Posted: 1/16/11 at 3:12pm
DAMN YOU ALICE!! Haha. Can't she just come in as a replacement or something?
DeNada
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I Will Miss The Mountains#8
Posted: 1/16/11 at 4:42pm
The Melbourne production is their own version, though, not the Broadway staging.

Perhaps if we're ever going to get the show it's going to take someone doing their own thing with it for a limited run. Maybe then they won't lose money on it...
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I Will Miss The Mountains#9
Posted: 1/16/11 at 5:56pm
If N2N comes over to London I hope it will be a fresh production with a new director, not just a restaging of the Broadway show. Don't get me wrong I loved the Broadway production (hell, I went to see it 4 times!). But a new director finding something different in it and giving it an ever greater and re-imagined edge is the essence of theatre. And the prospect of a slightly re-imagined version of a piece as fantastic as N2N would be spinetinglingly exciting.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
qolbinau Profile Photoqolbinau Profile Photo
qolbinau
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I Will Miss The Mountains#10
Posted: 1/16/11 at 6:39pm
Saw it three times on BW and will see it in Melbourne, I'm a little nervous about that production though (the description+photos aren't very convincing). I hope if a new production goes to London it will be a good one :P.
"Itís the fractured quality in [Bernadette Peters'] singing voice and line readings that puts across the character as someone for whom resentment is sliding into madness." - NYtimes on Follies (2011).
luke-h*** Profile Photoluke-h*** Profile Photo
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I Will Miss The Mountains#11
Posted: 1/16/11 at 6:49pm
Just an amazing show. I'd be happy if either the Broadway or a new production came over, just to see this golden show again would be fantastic. Loved it, loved every minute of it! So sad that it's going to be playing it's final performance in just ten minutes. Good luck to all the impeccable cast involved!
THEATRE 2016: Grey Gardens; SwkPlayhouse, Cats; London Palladium, Into the Woods; Royal Exchange, Show Boat; Sheffield Crucible, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Prsicilla Queen of the Desert; UK Tour, Narrative; RWCMD, Mojo; RWCMD, The Barber of Seville; WNO, Rabbit Hole; Hampstead, The Marriage of Figaro; WNO, Figaro Gets a Divorce; WNO, Tom: The Musical; UK Tour Upcoming: Anything Can Happen; RWCMD, Cysgy'n Brys'ur, Long Day's Journey Into Night; Bristol Old Vic, Only the Brave, The Caretaker; The Old Vic, People Places and Things, Blue/Orange; Young Vic, Bernadette Peters, Carole King, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II