Page: 1

Lee Mead a better actor than Suchet, Beale or Rylance?!!

promises
Swing
Swing
Have you seen The Broadway World 2010 Awards for Best Leading Actor in A Play? http://westend.broadwayworld.com/liveupdate2010uk.cfm?btype=13

Lee Mead is winning ahead of David Suchet, Mark Rylance, Simon Russell Beale, David Bark-Jones & David Hyde-Pierce. the man ahs only done 1 play. Madness. Utter madness.

What are your views?

Updated On: 10/28/10 at 08:33 PM
Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Anything that involve public voting, whether it's theatre awards, X-Factor, or (arguably) elections, has little to do with talent and everything to do with popularity.

Simple.

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."

Beergoggles
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Keep in mind this is the same people who voted Grease the best musical... ever! :P
Jesus Loves You... Everybody else thinks you're an idiot!
Lelana82
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
He was good in the play!

I agree, it's down to popularity. Wicked isn't the best long running show either.
*Theatre 2011* Salad Days, Flashdance, Footloose, Wicked, Swan Lake, Love Story, Spelling Bee, End Of The Rainbow, To Kill A Mockingbird, Ordinary Days, Million Dollar Quartet, Umbrellas of Cherbourg, Betty Blue Eyes, The Exonerated,Jekyll and Hyde, Precious Little Talent,Thrill Me, The Children's Hour, Priscilla, Jest End, We Will Rock You, Flare Path, Jersey Boys, Hamlet The Musical, Lord Of The Flies, Shrek, Edges, Lend Me A Tenor, Legally Blonde, Girlfriends, Belongings, She Loves Me, Shrek
Updated On: 10/29/10 at 10:22 AM
Spotlight61
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
What an absolute FARCE!

Bloody pubescent girls voting for him, not having seen him in the play but because he is in 'Wicked'.

Shameful of Broadwayworld to even allow his name to go forward.

The stand out performance of the season, for me, is David Suchet.

La Bete was OK but last season was Mark Rylances year and rightly so.

promises
Swing
Swing
How did he get a nomination though. Surely you're not saying he is better than Suchet?

Lee Mead best actor in a play. Spotlight61 is right it is a farce.

Page: 1