Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
One Spirit... Two Ghosts...#1
Posted: 9/15/10 at 12:10pm
"Three Phantoms!"

"Three Phantoms
Sun 27 February 2011
Sun 7.30pm

Starring Earl Carpenter, John Owen-Jones and Matthew Cammelle with the Concert Philharmonic Orchestra, West End Dancers and conductor by Anthony Gabriele the current Musical Director of Andrew Lloyd Webber's Phantom of the Opera. Plus very special guest Rebecca Caine.

Join us for a spectacular concert with three of the finest performers who have portrayed the mysterious Phantom on the West End stage. Between Earl Carpenter, John Owen-Jones and Matthew Camelle, over three thousand performances of the coveted role of the Phantom of the Opera have been clocked up at Her Majesty's Theatre in London. With special guest Rebecca Caine, who played Christine opposite Michael Crawford’s and Colm Wilkinson’s Phantom.

John and Earl return to the Mayflower having played Valjean and Javert respectively in our recent box office smash, The 25th Anniversary Production of Cameron Mackintosh's Les Miséreables.

Conducted by Anthony Gabriele, the Three Phantoms will perform hits from shows they have starred in, including West End favourites as Sunset Boulevard, Beauty and the Beast, Martin Guerre, Showboat, Guys & Dolls, Les Misérables and Aspects of Love, as well as some of your Phantom favourites. This promises to be a night to remember."

At the Mayflower in Southampton.

Is this some tour or series of events that I have missed while I was away??

Has anyone else heard of this?

I personally, am excited!
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
One Spirit... Two Ghosts...#2
Posted: 9/15/10 at 12:15pm
Just sounds like yet another one of those cheap one night concerts that tour and fill our theatres these days.
ClapYo'Hands Profile PhotoClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
One Spirit... Two Ghosts...#2
Posted: 9/15/10 at 12:42pm
Three Phantoms has been happening for quite a while. It's supposedly a very good production of good quality (produced by Carpenter I think).

Every now and then, they do go out and do a few dates, but they don't do full tours.

There is also A Three Phantoms gig, I believe, on the night of the 25th anniversary concert of Les Mis!
CONAries Profile PhotoCONAries Profile Photo
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
One Spirit... Two Ghosts...#3
Posted: 9/15/10 at 1:19pm
Ah, i'd never heard of this one! (But I know Carpenter has produced concerts in the past so wouldnt surprise me!)

I know we get ALOT of these, normally painful, concerts, but this one has a line up I seriously can not refuse!!! Especially at The Mayflowers prices!