Page: 1

Love changes (almost) everything

devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Love changes (almost) everything#1
Posted: 5/31/10 at 2:24pm
Anyone seen the changes gone and going into LND?
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Love changes (almost) everything#2
Posted: 5/31/10 at 2:38pm
Hopefully they will change 2 hours and 30 minutes of it.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Love changes (almost) everything#2
Posted: 5/31/10 at 2:43pm
I hear they've cut both Act 1 and Act 2 and all you do is pay 65 squids to pop along to the Adelphi at 8.45pm for a 15 minute drink in the circle bar!
Updated On: 5/31/10 at 02:43 PM
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Love changes (almost) everything#3
Posted: 5/31/10 at 2:49pm
"I hear they've cut both Act 1 and Act 2 and all you do is pay 65 squids to pop along to the Adelphi at 8.45pm for a 15 minute drink in the circle bar! "

Oh i would love that, you get the tickets Mamma and i will get the many many drinks.....we will do our own show on the stage lol
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Love changes (almost) everything#4
Posted: 5/31/10 at 2:57pm
Your on doll.
Best part of sum shows is the bit in the middle!!! lol
jacobsnchz14 Profile Photojacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Love changes (almost) everything#5
Posted: 5/31/10 at 3:06pm
Have any of you happened to see the show recently? What changes or alterations have been made?
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Love changes (almost) everything#6
Posted: 5/31/10 at 3:24pm
I saw the show last wednesday but have no idea if anything was different to before as I had not seen it before. And I will never see it again. It was utter rubbish.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Love changes (almost) everything#7
Posted: 5/31/10 at 3:28pm
Again Bob, your crits are monumental xxx
jacobsnchz14 Profile Photojacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Love changes (almost) everything#8
Posted: 5/31/10 at 3:31pm
The cast album is produced well, and there are some songs that are good, some aren't. It tries too hard, honestly. I have never seen the show (oviously 'cause I am in the US, haha.) but am interested in how the scenic design works and looks.
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Love changes (almost) everything#9
Posted: 5/31/10 at 3:45pm
Oh, the scenic design looks great. If I had earplugs in I might have enjoyed the visuality of it. Unfortunately I had to listen to what is probably the worst score ever to be presented on a West End stage. I had a copy of the CD given to me (thank God I did not have to pay for it). I listened to the highlights on my way home from London on the train - passed away five minutes of the journey.
Buddy's blues Profile PhotoBuddy's blues Profile Photo
Buddy's blues
Stand-by
Stand-by
Love changes (almost) everything#10
Posted: 5/31/10 at 4:06pm
I saw this a week ago, the Saturday matinee and as I said elsewhere on this site - I like the fridge magnets. Enough said?
soundofnuns Profile Photosoundofnuns Profile Photo
soundofnuns
Understudy
Understudy
Love changes (almost) everything#11
Posted: 5/31/10 at 4:37pm
Copied and pasted:

"The introduction is the same. We see Madame Giry walking along the pier. Then Fleck and two other freaks appear--Gangle and Squelch? They dont say anything.

The Coney Walts starts. The only difference is that the phantom appears with his cane that spits fire, which appears in Phantom in the graveyard scene."

"They've scrapped the first song at the gates with the food sellers. They replaced it with 3 banners that come onto the stage, all advertising freaks and other things. Then 2 belly dancers walk on and dance a bit. Then two more people walk on. Their costumes look like the costumes they wear in Don Juan.

They have long hair, and they both have fans covering their faces. The first one removes hers, and the audience sees that it is a woman; the other one removes her fan, and the audience can see it is bearded woman.

Then the trio come on and introduce themselves and Meg Giry (ooh la la girl). They've scapped the oh la la girl song and replaced it with a group number that welcomes everyone to Coney Island. This scene has more of a dance routine and acrobatics. The scene changes the atmosphere at the beginning.

After the song Meg and Madame Giry talk. Madame Giry says how good Meg was, and Meg asks if the phantom was there, and Madame giry replies, saying, of course he was and that he would be there for the premiere. Madame Giry leaves, and Meg has a new song. She sings about how much she wants to please the phantom and the she hopes he's there to watch her perform that tonight."

They've also cut Heaven By The Sea and at the end the Phantom places a ring on Christine's finger.

MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Love changes (almost) everything#12
Posted: 5/31/10 at 5:10pm
Sounds riveting!
Musical-Matt Profile PhotoMusical-Matt Profile Photo
Musical-Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Love changes (almost) everything#13
Posted: 5/31/10 at 5:22pm
i heared they had cut the phantom!
No Doubt Our Paths Will Cross Again ! Matt
winston89 Profile Photowinston89 Profile Photo
winston89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Love changes (almost) everything#14
Posted: 5/31/10 at 8:26pm
No, but I am sure that if I see this show I am bound to want to cut someone.
"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Love changes (almost) everything#15
Posted: 6/1/10 at 2:55am
Welll that new opening- sounds like your house is on fire so you decide to mow the lawn.
Musical-Matt Profile PhotoMusical-Matt Profile Photo
Musical-Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Love changes (almost) everything#16
Posted: 6/1/10 at 6:11am
ill turn up at 8 45 for drinks!
No Doubt Our Paths Will Cross Again ! Matt