Page: 1

Beauty and the Beast - Newport March 2010

luke-h*** Profile Photoluke-h*** Profile Photo
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Beauty and the Beast - Newport March 2010#1
Posted: 2/17/10 at 4:53pm
Shameless plug for an amatuer production I am in this year (: Disney's Beauty and the Beast at the Dolman Theatre, Newport. Would be great if any of you guys are near at that time if you could come and see it. Tuesday 23rd - 26th March at 7.15pm, Saturday 27th March at 1.30pm and 6.00pm, and Sunday 28th March at 1.30pm. Will be a great show I promise (: tickets 9/10, let me know if anybody is interested in coming to see it and I will get y'all some tickets.
THEATRE 2016: Grey Gardens; SwkPlayhouse, Cats; London Palladium, Into the Woods; Royal Exchange, Show Boat; Sheffield Crucible, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Prsicilla Queen of the Desert; UK Tour, Narrative; RWCMD, Mojo; RWCMD, The Barber of Seville; WNO, Rabbit Hole; Hampstead, The Marriage of Figaro; WNO, Figaro Gets a Divorce; WNO, Tom: The Musical; UK Tour Upcoming: Anything Can Happen; RWCMD, Cysgy'n Brys'ur, Long Day's Journey Into Night; Bristol Old Vic, Only the Brave, The Caretaker; The Old Vic, People Places and Things, Blue/Orange; Young Vic, Bernadette Peters, Carole King, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II
WestEnd2
Stand-by
Stand-by
Beauty and the Beast - Newport March 2010#2
Posted: 2/18/10 at 6:20am
What a small world, I knew there were quite a few people living in Wales on here, but to find someone who lives around the same lovely (ha) city as me is quite amusing. Sadly I'm on holiday that week, but good luck to you and all involved.

Updated On: 2/18/10 at 06:20 AM
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Beauty and the Beast - Newport March 2010#2
Posted: 2/18/10 at 6:51am
Unfortunately I will be in New York on those dates. But, hope all goes well. Love the Dolman - keep me informed of anything else you may be doing there. Break a leg!
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Beauty and the Beast - Newport March 2010#3
Posted: 2/18/10 at 7:41am
Is the Dolman the new theatre on the river. Been past on the train many time and often wondered what it was like.
WestEnd2
Stand-by
Stand-by
Beauty and the Beast - Newport March 2010#4
Posted: 2/18/10 at 8:25am
No Mama, that's the fairly new Riverfront theatre.
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Beauty and the Beast - Newport March 2010#5
Posted: 2/18/10 at 8:25am
No, mama - that's the Riverfront Theatre. The Dolman is a bit further away (behind the leisure centre).
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Beauty and the Beast - Newport March 2010#6
Posted: 2/18/10 at 8:27am
Wow! Newport has TWO theatres! lol
WestEnd2
Stand-by
Stand-by
Beauty and the Beast - Newport March 2010#7
Posted: 2/18/10 at 8:31am
You learn something new every day Mama. Trust me, with the exception if there's something you want to see - obviously Beauty and the Beast - in one of the theatres - stay on the train.
Updated On: 2/18/10 at 08:31 AM
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Beauty and the Beast - Newport March 2010#8
Posted: 2/18/10 at 8:37am
haha!
Love Newport -NOT!

The town lost its fabulous super-cinema to Travel Lodge recently, that was a great loss.
WestEnd2
Stand-by
Stand-by
Beauty and the Beast - Newport March 2010#9
Posted: 2/18/10 at 8:41am
Newport gets worse by the day. Most of it is derelict now. I used to love that old cimema, I saw my first ever film there. I can't believe what they've turned it into. All for The Ryder Cup. We're going to be a city full of empty hotels after the event is over.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand...

Updated On: 2/18/10 at 08:41 AM
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Beauty and the Beast - Newport March 2010#10
Posted: 2/22/10 at 1:16pm
The town lost its fabulous super-cinema to Travel Lodge recently, that was a great loss.

I couldn't agree more Mama! Oh dear god, I loved that Cinema!! Was flipping fantastic! Saved me having to get lifts to the Spytty cinema when I wanted to see a movie, so so cheap too (: but yes the Riverfront? It is a gorgeous theatre, however I think that it seats the same as the Dolman except its just posher. Saw Circus of Horrors there last year and in I believe it was 2006 I saw a production in the studio theatre of Sweeney Todd which was increidble! I love the Dolman, I do loads of shows there, thanks for all the luck wishes guys and I would very much appreciate if any more of you could come see it, we're having a set presentation tomorrow, cannot wait to see what we'll be working with!! Beauty and the Beast - Newport March 2010

Just so you know the younger branch of the company who's doing Beauty is doing Les Mis in June, I am also in that, Combeferre (: this is mainly directed to bob8rich! (:
THEATRE 2016: Grey Gardens; SwkPlayhouse, Cats; London Palladium, Into the Woods; Royal Exchange, Show Boat; Sheffield Crucible, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Prsicilla Queen of the Desert; UK Tour, Narrative; RWCMD, Mojo; RWCMD, The Barber of Seville; WNO, Rabbit Hole; Hampstead, The Marriage of Figaro; WNO, Figaro Gets a Divorce; WNO, Tom: The Musical; UK Tour Upcoming: Anything Can Happen; RWCMD, Cysgy'n Brys'ur, Long Day's Journey Into Night; Bristol Old Vic, Only the Brave, The Caretaker; The Old Vic, People Places and Things, Blue/Orange; Young Vic, Bernadette Peters, Carole King, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Beauty and the Beast - Newport March 2010#11
Posted: 2/22/10 at 1:48pm
City Cinema Newport.

The ABC (it has had many names) opened in the centre of Newport in 1967, it was built on the site of the gorgeous but very badly maintained Lyceum Theatre which was demolished in 1965.

Opened in summer 1967, the ABC cinema was originally a one screen cinema which could seat 1,320 people in a 'stadium seating' auditorium. For a number of years it was one of the best cinemas to see a movie in Cinerama.
With a huge screen of 58 feet wide by 27.6 feet high it was one of the largest in the whole of the UK and the largest screen WAles has ever had.
With the decline of audiences due to TV, the auditorium was converted to 3 screens in the mid 70's as were most large cinemas across the U.K.
The main part of the auditorium survived as the main screen and two smaller ones were fitted into the corners of the rear of the house. It still feels like your sitting in a huge auditorium even now.

The cinema struggled against new cineplexes in the area and changed hands many times after 1999. It struggled on with audiences as low as 10 a movie most nights until May 2008.

Updated On: 2/22/10 at 01:48 PM
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Beauty and the Beast - Newport March 2010#12
Posted: 3/17/10 at 1:38pm
So we start in 6 days! I am so excited! Getting costumes tomorrow as well as it's band call (: I honestly cannot wait!! So so SOOOOOOOOOOO excited! (: I know this is from ages ago but tickets are surprisingly low so just wondering if anybody is gonna come see it? Just a reminder I suppose boosting this back up to the top of the thread. PM Me or something for tickets (: