Page: 1

'A Little Night Music' Actress, Jean Simmons, Dies Aged 80

MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Jean Simmons, the actress, has died aged 80 of lung cancer.
Among her most notable early roles were opposite Laurence Olivier in "Hamlet", she played a slave in the legendary Hollywood blockbuster, 'Sparctacus' and as a preacher in "Elmer Gantry".

She starred in the original London production of 'A Little NIght Music' as Desiree at the Adelphi Theatre in 1975 but was replaced later in the short run due to ill health by Virginia McKenna. She is on the cast recording.

Updated On: 1/23/10 at 03:49 AM
Paulyd Profile PhotoPaulyd Profile Photo
Paulyd
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
This is such a tragedy. She was such a beautiful and such a talented actress. What's even more upsetting for me was that i met her last year when I worked on her last film and she was such a delight to everyone who met her.

We released her final film 'Shadows in the Sun' last week, and had to cancel all interviews due to her becoming extremely ill.

My thoughts today are with all her family. I'm going to have a tribute day at home today and watch some of her best work.
peachesr
Stand-by
Stand-by
I was watching her final film, Shadows in the Sun only last week. Gorgeous film, highly recommended. Such a beautiful woman and a talented actress, very sad.