Page: 1

'The Woman in Black' would it work out on Broadway?

Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This is a play I have actually seen, with 3 lady friends, out of the 4 of us, it was noted that I jumped the most.

Anyway I digress, I am curious if this would work on Broadway, surely this would be worth a punt, in Broadway smaller houses, such as the Helen Hayes or Circle in the Square or even in a off Broadway house, such as the New World Stages/

I am speaking with no knowledge here, but I assume the weekly nut would be small, I guess the production would not cost more than $100k a week to put on, as the staging, costumes or lighting is not elaborate and the wage bill would be tiny as there are only 6 actors in the production and 3 of those are cover.

I could see this having some appeal with our American friends, so surely this would be worth a go, what do you think?
winston89 Profile Photowinston89 Profile Photo
winston89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This show ran off Broadway awhile ago.
"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Winston, do you have more details of the off Broadway run?
winston89 Profile Photowinston89 Profile Photo
winston89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Other then the fact that it ran at the Minatta Lane Theatre, no.
"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It ran just a matter of months Off Broadway.
English thrillers do not fare well on the Great White Way.
'The Mousetrap' has never been transfered to New York for fear of failure. 45% of its UK audience is American tourists.
'The Mousetrap' is Canada's longest running show having closed in 2004 after 27 years.