Page: 1

Chess

Musical-Matt Profile PhotoMusical-Matt Profile Photo
Musical-Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Chess#1
Posted: 1/14/10 at 5:39pm
so i know alot of chess now and i have just listend to some of the ozzie production in 1990/1991 and its a very odd preception of the show and everything is in a jumbled order! did anyone see this production?
No Doubt Our Paths Will Cross Again ! Matt
Scripps2 Profile PhotoScripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Chess#2
Posted: 1/14/10 at 6:12pm
Didn't see that production but I've just won a CD of the RAH concert version today. Chess
Musical-Matt Profile PhotoMusical-Matt Profile Photo
Musical-Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Chess#2
Posted: 1/14/10 at 6:18pm
I LOVE THE RAH CD! i didnt know walter was meant to be a cia agent or that sergievsky changed sides and played for the english(usa) but it is such a brilliant show!
No Doubt Our Paths Will Cross Again ! Matt
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Chess#3
Posted: 1/15/10 at 7:43am
I think this show and Me and My Girl are ripe for a West End revival.

Chess premièred in the Prince Edward Theatre in London on 14 May 1986 and closed on 8 April 1989, , so closed for over 20 years now.

Me and My Girl in 1984, a revised production opened at the Leicester Haymarket Theatre with a revised script by Stephen Fry and contributions by Mike Ockrent. It transferred to the West End Adelphi Theatre on February 12, 1985 and closed on January 16, 1993 after an eight year run and 3,303 performances. so 17 years since Me and My Girl closed.

I am sure both shows with the right creatives and cast could have a fair run in the West End.
pinoyonbroadway
Understudy
Understudy
Chess#4
Posted: 1/20/10 at 4:20am
I haven't seen the show (although there is a video of it floating around somewhere), but I do have the script and an audio recording of it. And I must say, this one is my favorite version out of the numerous versions out there. If I'm not mistaken, This version was the one Tim Rice wanted to mount on Broadway. However, Nunn opted to have Richard Nelson do the book.
Everybody's Playing The Game But Nobody's Rules Are The Same Nobody's On Nobody's Side