Page: 2

Royal Variety Performance - Wicked

DeathStar
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Royal Variety Performance - Wicked#26
Posted: 12/15/06 at 4:16am
"It just annoys me when some people who have never seen the show seem fit to judge it on just 2 songs."

When those two songs and the staging and acting are that bad I think its judgable. After all they went on the show and sang 2 songs to sell tickets, ie for people to judge that they were good and come see the show. Therefore I can judge it equally the other way..! Especially when the producers would have chosen the best songs to perform.

"I wanna say that DeathStar you are a little out of line. I know everyone is entitled to their own opinons but its not good to tell people not to go and see a show."

I kinda agree, but not much - I do feel in the swamp of love for ths show I have every right to be one of the lone voices here saying I really think this is poor. On the other hand it seems to work for some of you which is great. I just hope this isn't seen as "real" theatre. This is just Vegas...

vmlinnie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Royal Variety Performance - Wicked#27
Posted: 12/15/06 at 7:49pm
I'm not going to give my usual deluge of opinions on AvQ, it's off the point.

Menzel's voice was a little hoarse but nothing more, until that last line, and - Oh God... I felt really sorry for her. She's so nice. I'm slightly ashamed to say that I went stagedooring for the first time at Wicked two weeks ago, and she is so nice!
The rain we knew is a thing of the past -
deep-delving, dark, deliberate you would say
browsing on spire and bogland; but today
our sky-blue slates are steaming in the sun,
our yachts tinkling and dancing in the bay
like racehorses. We contemplate at last
shining windows, a future forbidden to no one.

Derek Mahon

"Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets."

Arthur Miller
Updated On: 12/17/06 at 07:49 PM