V-Day Raleigh 2018 and ARClitE present A Benefit Reading of THE VAGINA MONOLOGUES
On February 13-15, 2018, at 8:00pm, V-Day Raleigh and ARClitE will present a three night only benefit reading of Eve Ensler's award winning play The Vagina Monologues at North Raleigh Arts & Creative Theatre. Join Us as we create an ARTISTIC UPRISING, a RADICAL act, and an ACT OF RESISTANCE for the 20th Anniversary of V-Day and The Vagina Monologues! V-Day Raleigh and ARClitE will rise, resist, and unite featuring collaborative work by local artist Eric McRay! 90% of the proceeds will benefit InterAct and the remaining 10% will go towards the international V-Day Campaign.
The Vagina Monologues will be performed at North Raleigh Arts & Creative Theatre, 7713-51 Lead Mine Road, Raleigh, NC 27615, Raleigh, NC 27615, at 8:00pm, February 13-15, 2018. Tickets are $12-20 and may be purchased at vdayraleigh.org. The cast includes Amani Mckenzie, Arlinda Ellison, Candace Hescock, Chelsey Winstead, Judie Bruno, Judy McCord, Katie Barrett, Kimmi Aswiszio, Meredith Smythe, Pam McClure, Sharon Eisner, and Victoria Privott.
Welcome to V-Season 2018! For its 20th anniversary, V-Day is calling on activists around the world to Rise, Resist and Unite. Over the past two decades, tens of thousands of communities and college campuses have staged V-Day benefit performances of The Vagina Monologues - and other artistic works, campaigns & Risings - in over 200 countries and territories.
V-Day Raleigh is a local effort within the worldwide context of the 20th Anniversary V-Day Campaign. ARClitE strives for innovative ideas and solutions to further a union between creativity and social advancement. To learn more about V-Day Raleigh, call (919) 348-9723, visit vdayraleigh.org, or e-mail the organization at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about ARClitE, visit www.arclite.org. To learn more about V-Day and its campaigns visit www.vday.org.
What are The Vagina Monologues?
The New York Times called The Vagina Monologues, "probably the most important piece of political theater of the last decade." The play - first performed Off-Broadway and in locations around the world by Ms. Ensler - dives into the mystery, humor, pain, power, wisdom, outrage and excitement in women's experiences. V-Day grew out of the play which exploded onto the scene in 1998, breaking taboos about women's sexuality and shattering silence around violence done to women and girls.
Over these past two decades V-Day has had an improbable journey, charting a path that has been unparalleled - tens of thousands of communities and college campuses have staged benefit performances of The Vagina Monologues - and other works and campaigns created by V-Day - in over 200 countries and territories. V-Day activists have raised consciousness, changed laws to protect women and girls, funded rape crisis centers and domestic violence shelters (often these much-needed funds kept them from closing), educated their communities, and raised well over $100 million in urgently needed funds for groups doing the essential work of ending violence and serving survivors and their families. From the Congo, where V-Day supports the City of Joy, a leadership center for survivors of violence where women can heal themselves, to One Billion Rising, the largest mass action to stop violence against women in history, to its work with a broad coalition of groups advocating for an end to workplace violence for women, including nurses, hotel workers, farm workers, restaurant workers and more, V-Day has its pulse on issues women face across the globe.