Mad Cow Announces The Cast & Creatives Behind BAD JEWS
Mad Cow Theatre is delighted to announce the cast and creative team of Joshua Harmon's Bad Jews, a hilariously caustic comedy about family, faith and what you choose to believe, which will take the Zehngebot-Stonerock stage June 15, 2018 as the eighth production of Mad Cow Theatre's Season 21. Mad Cow is excited to bring this edgy comedy to Orlando.The night after their grandfather's funeral, three cousins engage in a battle, which starts with words and accelerates to something more. In one corner is Daphna Feygenbaum, a "Real Jew" who is volatile, self-assured and unbending. In the other is her equally stubborn cousin Liam, who has his shiksa girlfriend, Melody, in tow. Stuck in the middle is Liam's brother, Jonah, who tries to stay out of the fray. But when Liam stakes claim to their grandfather's most cherished heirloom, a brawl ensues - and it's not clear what anyone should believe when he or she is among the chosen. "Josh Harmon, the breakaway playwright of the Facebook generation, brings us a crazy-good play with four young actors," says Mitzi Maxwell, Mad Cow Theatre's executive director. "Bad Jews is a laugh-out loud-comedy, a duel between Jewish cousins fighting for the final word on faith, identity and their family legacy." Bad Jews had its premiere at the Roundabout Theatre Company's 62-seat black-box theatre in New York in 2012. After much critical acclaim, the play transferred to the Roundabout's off-Broadway Laura Pels Theatre in 2013. "There's nothing like a death in the family to bring out the worst in people," wrote Charles Isherwood of the New York Times, who went on to call Bad Jews "the best comedy of the season."Lea Kalisch makes her Mad Cow Theatre debut as Daphna, while Adam Reilly (Silent Sky, Animal Crackers, Three Sisters) plays her cousin Liam. Adam Minossora also appears at Mad Cow for the first time as Jonah, and Rachel Comeau (A View From the Bridge, Three Sisters) plays Melody. Director Shami McCormick, known for her many performances on Mad Cow's stages, makes her Mad Cow directing debut. Her favorite directing projects elsewhere include Damn Yankees, On the Town, Our Town and A Midsummer Night's Dream. McCormick is joined on the creative team by lighting designer Amy Hadley (Silent Sky, The Big Meal, 1776) and two more design newcomers to Mad Cow, costume designer Dwayne Broadnax and set designer Cliff Price. Previous work with Mad Cow in parentheses. Press Approved Files - Press/social media-approved image files Bad Jews will be here on June 6. Production photos will be available at the same link on June 13. If you need any assistance or have any other media-related questions about Mad Cow Theatre, please contact our marketing department at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Bad Jews runs June 15 - July 8, 2018 in the Zehngebot- Stonerock Theatre at Mad Cow Theatre, 54 W. Church Street (second floor) in downtown Orlando. (Click here for directions.) Performances are at 8:00 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays and at 3:00 p.m. Sundays, with additional performances Saturday, June 23 at 3:00 p.m. and Wednesday June 27 at 8:00 p.m.
- Opening night is Friday June 15 at 8:00 p.m. The opening-night performance will be followed by Mad Cow's traditional champagne reception in the lobby.
- Preview performances are June 13 and 14 at 8:00 p.m.
- Discounted Wednesday night performance will take place on Wednesday June 27 at 8:00 p.m. ($18 in advance and Pay What You Wish at the door.)
- The Saturday matinee for Bad Jews will take place Saturday, June 23 at 3:00 p.m.
- Talkbacks take place after each Thursday and Sunday performance. Talkbacks are free to audience members, and the public may attend at no extra cost.
- Regular Tickets are $40. Preview tickets are $15. Pay What You Wish advance tickets are $18. Tickets are available at madcowtheatre.com or by calling patron services at Mad Cow Theatre at 407-297-8788 ext. 1.
- All tickets are subject to a $3 facility fee. Students receive a $10 discount with ID. Military receive a $10 discount with ID. Seniors 65+ receive a $5 discount. Group discounts are available for parties of 10 or more. Student groups of 10 or more are eligible for a 50% discount on full-price tickets
- Parking Information is available here.
- Our theatre is on the second floor at 54 West Church St., Orlando, FL 32801
- Our mailing address is P.O. Box 3109, Orlando, FL 32802.