'Ryan O'Connor Eats His Feelings' Tour Across America Tour Kicks Off 6/7
Conan O'Brien. Pearl Jam. Courtney Love. Ryan O'Connor. This summer, the concert tour lineup gets even bigger when actor, singer, comedian, vlogger and YouTube sensation Ryan O'Connor ("How I Met Your Mother," "School of Rock," "American Dad") hits the road on June 7th and takes his one-man show "Ryan O'Connor Eats His Feelings" to a US city near you.
A musical theatre aficionado and performer, O'Connor's critically acclaimed cabaret thrill ride broke records at Hollywood's Celebration Theatre this past February and received a back-by-popular-demand second run and accolades from Broadway luminaries and press alike.
Self-described as a "big gay singing Kathy Griffin," O'Connor's dynamic, hilarious and oddly touching musical journey told through song and story candidly shares his life: his childhood and adolescence in conservative Arizona and trial and tribulations as an actor in New York City and Hollywood; his loves: his relationship with his boyfriend, a Mormon, ex-college football star from Salt Lake City and self-proclaimed, proud "chubby chaser;" and his lusts: for everything theater and food, candidly revealing his struggles as a compulsive overeater.
Also along for the ride, is his best friend Lucas Coatney, who plays back-up singer and on-stage sidekick to O'Connor. In addition to having toured nationally with various theatre groups, Lucas also appeared on the third season of "American Idol."
The show plans to feature surprise guests and celebrities from the worlds of theater and entertainment in each city stop. Joining him at San Francisco's The Rrazz Room will be DeeDee Magno Hall (first national tour of "Wicked") and singer/songwriter Shelly Bort. His road trip adventures accompanied by his boyfriend Graham LaBass, Lucas and dog Macy in a mini-van, encounters with townspeople and audiences' reactions and observations about his no-holds-barred show will be documented and chronicled on his hit YouTube show "The Ryan O'Connor Show."
"As a theater crazed kid growing up in the Broadway deprived desert of Arizona, it's always been my personal dream to bring musical theatre to places where people don't have the chance or opportunity to go to Broadway shows," O'Connor said. "I can't wait to travel across our beautiful country and connect with these audiences. And to culminate the tour in New York and perform on stage there where I lived and studied will be a very exciting come ‘full circle' moment for me."
- June 7th - San Francisco - The Rrazz Room www.therrazzroom.com/Events.html
- June 9th - Seattle - Julias On Broadway www.juliasrestaurantseattle.com
- June 13th Las Vegas - The Onyx Theatre www.onyxtheatre.com
- June 18th - Phoenix - Stagebrush Theatre www.phoenixtheatre.com
- June 20th - Denver - Lannie's Clocktower Cabaret www.lannies.com
- June 23rd & 25th - Dallas - Contemporary Theatre Of Dallas www.contemporarytheatreofdallas.com
- June 28th - New Orleans - Le Petit Theatre www.Lepetittheatre.com
- July 3rd - Nashville - Two Elle Clothing Store www.twoelle.com
- July 7th & 8th - Chicago - Davenport's Piano Bar www.davenportspianobar.com
- July 19th - New York City - Joe's Pub www.joespub.com
"Ryan O'Connor Eats His Feelings" is written by and stars Ryan O'Connor along with Lucas Coatney. Songs are by William Finn, Ani DiFranco, Katie Thompson, Scott Alan and Randy Blair. Musical direction is by Gregory Nabours.
Photo Credit: KC Perry