Patterson Hood To Perform At WHO KNEW What It Means Tomorrow
If you've ever been to a WHO KNEW event, you know it will be well produced and thought provoking. This one is going to deliver on both counts big time. The centerpiece of the event is an incredibly eloquent song called "What It Means", written by Patterson Hood of Drive-By Truckers. The song's lyrics go right to the heart of many social issues that are top of mind and top of the news these days - racial tension, equality, diversity, gun violence and all lives matter. We have assembled a panel of highly accomplished music industry executives and artists to come together and explore these topics in hopes of pointing out the things that unite us are stronger than those that divide us. And music is the common denominator of it all.
The panelists are-
* Patterson Hood, co-founder, Drive-By Truckers.
* Ken Paulson, dean of MTSU's College of Media & Entertainment and director of the Free Speech Center, formerly editor-in-chief of USA Today.
* Bertis Downs, attorney and manager, R.E.M.
* Chastity Brown, singer, songwriter, musician, and Union City, Tennessee native.
* Ron Wynn, writer and broadcaster
* Chuck Reece (panel moderator), co-founder and editor-in-chief of The Bitter Southerner.
Patterson Hood and Chastity Brown will be performing several songs on stage during the evening that will reinforce the message of the event. You will leave this event challenged, enlightened and entertained. It all happens on January 23 at City Winery in Nashville. Get your tickets now.