Playhouse On The Square Announces Next Regional Premiere
Playhouse on the Square, in partnership with Grayson Smith Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning and super sponsor, Dr. Thomas Ratliff, bring the multi-award winning story, originally produced at the Royal National Theatre in London, to the Mid-South.
Follow Christopher Boone, a brilliant 15 year-old boy who is exceptionally intelligent but ill-equipped to interpret everyday life. When he falls under suspicion for killing his neighbor's dog, he sets out to identify the true culprit. Which leads to an earth-shattering discovery and a journey that will change his life forever.
Adapted from the novel of the same name, THE CURIOUS INCIDENT OF THE DOG IN THE NIGHT-TIME ran for five years in multiple theaters in London's West End. The Broadway production opened in the Ethel Barrymore Theatre October, 2014 and ran until it closed September, 2016. The productions were honored with a multitude of accolades including seven Olivier Awards, The Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Play, and the 2015 Tony Award for Best Play.
Playhouse on the Square Associate Company member, Ryan Duda (A GENTLEMAN'S GUIDE TO LOVE AND MURDER), will portray the role of Christopher Boone. Joining Duda, are Resident Company members Michael Gravois (A GENTLEMAN'S GUIDE TO LOVE AND MURDER, LAUGHTER ON THE 23RD FLOOR), Kim Sanders (CRIB, DEATH OF A STREETCAR NAMED Virginia Woolf: A PARODY), and Courtney Oliver (JAMES AND THE GIANT PEACH, SISTER ACT). Returning also, is the team of Jordan Nichols and Travis Bradley (DREAMGIRLS) as director and choreographer.
THE CURIOUS INCIDENT OF THE DOG IN THE NIGHT-TIME complete cast is as follows:
- Rev. Peters & others - Chris Cotten
- Christopher - Ryan Duda
- Ed - Michael Gravois
- Judy - Kim Justis
- Rogers Shears & others - John Maness
- No. 40 & others - Courtney Oliver
- Siobhan - Eileen Peterson
- Policeman & others - Ryan Negron
- Mrs. Shears & others - Kim Sanders
- Mrs. Alexander & others - Christina Wellford Scott
- Director - Jordan Nichols
- Choreographer - Travis Bradley
- Production Manager/Technical Director - Phillip Hughen
- Stage Manager - Morgan Corlew
- Costume Designer - Kathleen R. Kovarik
- Lighting Designer - Justin Gibson
- Scenic Designer - Bryce Cutler
- Sound Designer - Carter McHann
Performances will run Thursday - Saturday 8:00 pm curtain and with 2:00 pm curtain on Sunday. For tickets, call the Box Office at (901) 726-4656 or visit our website www.playhouseonthesquare.org. Group rates are also available.
Special ticket pricing for opening weekend $25. Pay What You Can performance, sponsored by ArtsFirst and the First Tennessee Foundation, is September 27th.