Moody Fund For The Arts Shares Application Dates
The nonprofit AT&T Performing Arts Center today announced that applications for the second year of grants awarded by the Moody Fund for the Arts (MFA) will be accepted online at www.moodyartsfund.org beginning February 18, 2019 until March 15, 2019. Public informational meetings are scheduled for January.
MFA was created provide grants small and emerging Dallas arts groups that are supported by the City of Dallas Office of Cultural Affairs and have annual budgets of less than $1 million. In 2018, MFA awarded $150,000 in grants. The maximum grant request cannot exceed $7,500.
Grants may be awarded for:
- Commissions of original works and artistic collaborations.
- Support for new works, innovative programs and offsetting rent and
- production costs at Moody Performance Hall.
- Programs, projects and exhibitions that address important issues of
- cultural equity and community access the arts.
- Programs that create and deliver cultural experiences tall parts of Dallas.
- Operating, staff and marketing support for new initiatives.
- Support of production costs and capacity building.
- Hosting artist-in-residency programs.
- Other projects deemed important the vibrancy of the arts in the city.
Grants may not be used for:
- Fundraising programs or events.
- Political campaigns or lobbying efforts.
- Nonpublic performances.
- Direct support, including travel funds, for individuals or families.
- Religious or faith-based organizations, unless the program does not promote a specific religion or faith and is not restricted populations of specific religions or faiths.
- Athletic teams and fraternal, veteran, social, alumni or labor organizations (university alumni groups, sororities/fraternities, labor unions, exclusive membership clubs, etc.)
Submissions will be reviewed through a two-tiered panel selection process which will include arts educators, managers, advocates, philanthropists, an Arts and Culture Advisory Commission member and the director of the Office of Cultural Affairs. Grants will be awarded in June 2019.
Public meetings will be held discuss eligibility, timeline, and the application and review process. The meetings will include a presentation, Q&A, handouts, and light refreshments. Please RSVP by visiting TicketDFW.com.
- Monday, January 7, 2019
- Moody Performance Hall
- 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- 2520 Flora St., Dallas, TX 75201
- Doors open at 4:30 p.m. Complimentary parking will be provided in Lexus Silver Parking, accessed from Ross Ave.
- Wednesday, January 9, 2019
- South Dallas Cultural Center
- 9:00 - 11:00 a.m.
- 3400 S. Fitzhugh Ave., Dallas, TX 75210
- Doors open at 8:30 a.m. Complimentary parking is available on site.
The Moody Fund for the Arts is a $10 million endowment that is part of a $22 million gift from the Moody Foundation the arts in Dallas, including a $12 million gift the AT&T Performing Arts Center's capital campaign. When fully vested, the endowment is expected award about $400,000 annually. In recognition of the generosity of the Galveston-based Moody Foundation, the City of Dallas changed the name of Dallas City Performance Hall tMoody Performance Hall in May 2017.
Applicants can e-mail questions about the grant submission process firstname.lastname@example.org.