Telemundo's News & Entertainment to Broadcast from Russia During FIFA CONFEDERATIONS CUP 2017
Telemundo announced its news and entertainment shows will broadcast from Russia during the FIFA CONFEDERATIONS CUP 2017, supplementing Telemundo Deportes' exclusive, Spanish-language broadcast of the tournament with the most multifaceted, comprehensive coverage around the event and host country. The FIFA Confederations Cup kicks off Saturday, June 17 with the Opening Ceremony beginning at 9 a.m. ET, live on Telemundo. All matches will air live on television, 14 on Telemundo and two on Universo, and streamed via TelemundoDeportes.com and the Telemundo Deportes EN VIVO App. Universo will re-air all matches every night in primetime.Telemundo's shows and its award-winning team of anchors and reporters will report from Gorky Park in Moscow and various locations throughout Russia, bringing the event closer to viewers with special coverage ranging from the political and social environment in Russia, the fascinating history, traditions and culture of the host cities, and the passion of the soccer fans:
- "Un Nuevo Día,"the Emmy award-winning morning show will join Telemundo Deportes in Russia to present exclusive daily coverage, beginning Thursday, June 15, extending its weekday schedule to include weekends. Hosts Rashel Díaz and Daniel Sarcos will broadcast live from Gorky Park in Moscow with the latest news and information around the FIFA Confederations Cup and all the fun around the tournament. Rashel and Daniel will also present daily digital content including "Descubre Moscú con Rashel" and "La Escuelita de Daniel."
In addition, the show will present news stories and special reporting from its correspondents Amelia Macchiavello and Camilo Montoya, who will be traveling across the four host cities - Moscow, Saint Petersburg, Sochi and Kazan. For 25 days, the show will bring viewers the best of Russia, its culture, traditions and its people, including Latinos who live in the country.
- "Noticias Telemundo will offer unprecedented news coverage of FIFA Confederations Cup on all its network programs and digital platforms including its flagship newscast "Noticias Telemundo" as well as NoticiasTelemundo.com, Noticias Telemundo App and Noticias Telemundo's Facebook, Instagram, Periscope, Snapchat and Twitter properties, beginning on Thursday, June 15.
Noticias Telemundo's news anchor, José Díaz-Balart will lead the news coverage from various cities in Russia. He will be joined by Luis Carlos Vélez and Rogelio Mora-Tagle, who will be covering the tournament and following the steps of the Mexico National team.
- "Al Rojo Vivo con María Celeste" will move to Moscow with Maria Celeste Arrarás hosting the show from Gorky Park and sharing her experience in Russia in a daily digital segment, "Postales desde Moscú" (Postcards from Moscow.) Reporter Jorge Miramontes will also be onsite presenting special reports and features. In addition, the show will feature comedy segments with the Dominican social media personality, Chiqui Bombón.
- The Noticias Telemundo digital team will produce a digital series "Los Perez Troikos," documenting the experiences and adventures of its reporters and the production team while in Russia.
- "Suelta la Sopa," Telemundo's daytime entertainment show, will also feature segments and special reports around the tournament.