MSNBC to Take Over POLITICON Los Angeles This July
On Saturday, July 29th and Sunday, July 30th, MSNBC will take over POLITICON in Los Angeles, CA presenting a full slate of interactive, live and in-person programming for political enthusiasts from across the country. MSNBC journalists including Kasie Hunt, Steve Kornacki, Richard Lui, Ari Melber, Joy Reid and Jacob Soboroff will be front and center for a series of entertaining panels, engaging discussions and fan Q&A sessions to talk about their myriad of experience during an unprecedented election season and the extraordinary Trump Presidency.MSNBC, an official headline media partner of POLITICON, kicks off a full day of panels with a can't-be-missed sit down between world-famous radio personality and author, Charlamagne tha God and "THE BEAT" host Ari Melber where the two will talk about the intersection between hip hop culture and American politics. Charlamagne tha God is cohost of the nationally Syndicated hip-hop iHeartRadio program The Breakfast Club, a New York Times bestselling author of his first book-Black Privilege and a featured television personality at MTV and MTV2. The MSNBC booth at the heart of the Democracy Village will also offer fans the opportunity to meet network personalities, design a custom-made t-shirt, take advantage of unique photo opportunities, sip a signature "Morning Joe" iced coffee, and enjoy other giveaways. Follow us on social @MSNBC, @kasie, @stevekornacki, @arimelber, @joyannreid, @jacobsoboroff, @richardlui and use the hashtag #MSNBCxPoliticon
SATURDAY SCHEDULE HIGHLIGHTS
· 11:30 AM - 2:30 PM - Jacob Soboroff LIVE hits on MSNBC on the convention floor.
· 12:30 PM - Joy Reid joins POD SAVE AMERICA with Jon Favreau, Tommy Vietor, Jon Lovett, and Daniel Pfeiffer.
· 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM - Joy Reid moderates the "LBJ" panel with Rob Reiner from the Civic Auditorium.
· 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM - Richard Lui moderates the "Russia's Attack on Our Democracy" panel from Freedom Hall.
· 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM - Richard Lui moderate the "Asian American Pacific Islanders: Crucial Vote in Swing States" panel from Freedom Hall. SUNDAY SCHEDULE HIGHLIGHTS
· 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM - Joy Reid and Ari Melber moderate HBO's " MEET VEEP" panel in the Civic Auditorium.
· 12:30 PM - 1:15 PM - Ari Melber and Charlamagne tha God talk "Hip Hop and Politics" from the MSNBC stage at Democracy Village.
· 1:15 PM - 2:00 PM - Joy Reid and panelists - Krystal Ball, Malcolm Nance and Michael Steele - talk about the perception of facts in today's news cycle from the MSNBC stage at Democracy Village.
· 3:00 PM - 3:45 PM - Steve Kornacki demonstrates "Bubbles and Blind Spots," an in-depth, forward-looking examination of the shifting American electorate on the MSNBC stage at Democracy Village.
· 4:15 PM - 5:00 PM - Kasie Hunt, Steve Kornacki and Jacob Soboroff share their "Lessons From The Road" about how their experiences on the road over the past year shaped their journalistic lens and vision for the country's future.
POLITICON is the annual, bi-partisan "Unconventional Political Convention" that brings Republicans, Democrats, and people of all political stripes together to banter and spar over the most topical issues in smart and entertaining ways. Tickets can be bought by visiting: POLITICON TICKETS