'Pickin' On The Biggest Hits of the 1980's Volume 2' Out On CMH Records Today
Los Angeles-based CMH RECORDS has announced the release date for a second installment of their PICKIN' ON THE BIGGEST HITS OF THE 1980'S release. Featuring bluegrass interpretations of the biggest hits of the 1980's, the PICKIN' ON SERIES album (out digitally February 24) kicks off with a spirited rendition of Toto's 1982 hit "Africa." Other standouts include songs by Whitney Houston, George Michael, Robert Palmer and Foreigner. The 12-track collection is produced by Brad Davis, known in the Bluegrass circles for his original Double-Down-Up guitar technique, songwriting, vocals and producer talents. He has worked with Willie Nelson, Sheryl Crow, Earl Scruggs, David Lee Roth, Emmylou Harris, Pam Tillis, Marty Stuart, Dwight Yoakam, Tommy Shaw, Travis Tritt, Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, Steve Earl and Billy Bob Thornton, just to name a few.
"I am so honored to be the producer of the CMH bluegrass tribute to the legendary hits of the 80s," Davis shares. "I felt like these songs had such an impact on our generation that the only way to create a bluegrass arrangement was to use the original track as my pilot for the grass version. I fell in love with these songs years ago and I hope this tribute will cause everyone to fall in love again."
- Africa (Toto)
- I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me) (Whitney Houston)
- Walking On Sunshine (Katrina & The Waves)
- Faith (George Michael)
- Our House (Madness)
- The Power Of Love (Huey Lewis & The News)
- Dancing With Myself (Billy Idol)
- Walk Like An Egyptian (The Bangles)
- Simply Irresistible (Robert Palmer)
- Danger Zone (Kenny Loggins)
- I Want To Know What Love Is (Foreigner)
- Time After Time (Cyndi Lauper)